1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Urethane Cutting Edges.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brunosplace, Oct 8, 2006.

1. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Who uses the urethane cutting edges, and do you feel they are worth the extra money. Do you get a good amount of wear time from them?

2. Whip

Whip Member

I've used one on my Meyer 8' for 3 years now. I like the loss of vibration throughout the truck and how quiet it is plowing. My residential customers appreciate it too.
    I also like that it doesn't tear up grass or gravel. I have one long drive that is dirt/stone and it's nice to just drop the plow and go for the most part. I will be purchasing a new one before this season.
    Mine did start to chunk off a little on the ends last year. I could be wrong but I think it is from the sun affecting the urethane since I am lazy and leave it out all year uncovered. I know the sun pretty much affects everything plastic like the roof nose piece and roof vents of my trailer.

3. brunosplace

thanks for the answers

4. big blue 2500

big blue 2500 Junior Member

I agree with Whip. The uedge was much better on gravel and grass and did a good job on blacktop, also a lot more quiet. Although it may not perform better than steel in some cases, overall I like it better than steel.

uedge1.jpg

5. brunosplace

Any recommendations on where to buy?

6. big blue 2500

big blue 2500 Junior Member

U-edges

I bought mine from FallLine. Check out 'FallLine.com'. The holes were predrilled and fit perfectly. You might want to search posts at this site because I think that there are dealers among the membership. I didn't know that when I bought mine. I bought the heavy duty 1.5 inch edge.

7. brunosplace

Anybody have pricing on these? Both 6.5 & 7.5 footers.