1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upstate NY Snow storm pics...

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by mkwl, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Here's a few pics from the 8" we got at our farm in upstate, NY this past weeekend. Pics are from 12/31, got another 14" on 1/1 - didn't get to plow with my truck (plow was in NJ- no snow), but got to plow with my trusty ATV- was AWESOME to be plowing some real snow not this sleet/freezing rain cr@p. Anyway, here's a few pics- wish we'd get a nice storm like this down here in NJ I could plow! :nod:payup Got some awesome skiing on 12/31-1/1 can you say POWDER!

whitehall snow 1.jpg

white snow 2.jpg

white snow 3.jpg

white snow 4.jpg
  2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

very cool bring some home for the rest of us lol .how long does that take with the atv?
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah, a good friend of ours who usually plows the driveway for us when we're not there was having a field day- just taked to him today and he was still out plowing!:dizzy: A LOT of snow!

The driveway is a little more than a mile long, with a large parking area by the barn, took me about an hour with the ATV to get everything plowed out and the banks pushed back.
  4. Where's your place upstate? We have a place in northern Warren County, about 80 miles north of Albany...
  5. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I was up in the mountains last weekend. Its nice to see snow and not have a stroke worring about how your going to get all your customers done and listening to them call to see when you are comming.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

We're in Northern Washington County, in the Champlain Valley.
  7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Sure was nice, only rain in NJ :cry: but lots of SNOW up there!:jester:
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good, what brand ATV?
  9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, the quad is an '06 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4 ATV with a 54" Cycle Country Plow and Warn 2500lb winch- works great!:nod::D
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Wish we could get some of that down here!
  11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good, looks like you added plow markers and a rubber flap since last time I seen it. I only got to plow twice this year with my atv. Very nice camp too, how far away from home is yours? We have a place at conneaut Lake about an hour and a half from where I live.
  12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, yeah I added the markers and flap to try and keep the snow from coming over the plow- works well! Thanks, it's actually a 690 acre farm (christmas and fir trees for nursery stock), my parents bought the land and built the house when they got married in the early '80's, we're building a second barn and garage right now. It's about 3 hours and 45 monutes from my house here in NJ- about 45 minutes NE of Lake George.
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow thats a nice size farm, Long drive though lol
  14. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

So that is what snow looks like!!!!!! Must be nice. Happy plowingpayuppayuppayup