1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upstate New York Prices ???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by zippy1, Nov 2, 2006.

1. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

I live just north of Syracuse New York. What are the going prices for residential 30-40 feet long and 16-24 wide. What are the average hourly rates for commercial plowing. I know there are many variables with commercial plowing. I am just looking for a round about price. Most of my plowing will be residential. There are alot of scabs with plows on their truck who like to underbid so I need competative prices but I will not cut my throat. The prices I am looking for is per plow in a 24hr. period. Thanks for the help. The market is so labile depending on where you live it isn't funny.:)

4-6 in.
    6-8 in.
    8-10 in.
    10-12 in.
    $$ Per inch above 12 in.

2. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

Anyone? Some help is better than no help :waving:
  3. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

Come On, no info? Someone must have an idea.
  4. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I am charging $300 / season plus tax for most driveways up to 1000sq ft

Our commercial rates are around $150 hr.

Good Luck
  5. ADK

ADK Member

Albany,NY area........Most of my residential driveway accounts run between $175-$225 for a season contract......Salting is extra............Good luck.
  6. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

i start residentials at $45 per push at 3" after 4:30 am and return every 3" untill 8:00pm.
    2nd push @ 25%; 3rd push @ 20%; 4th + push @ 15%. use the 4th push rate to return at the end of the work day to remove the municiple plow-pack from the end of the driveway.
    this is for the IDEAL driveway. how many of those exist?
    16' wide X 120' long with a place to push snow onto the property without any "pretties" in the way to be damaged. everyone just loves those driveway edges and plantingsm etc.
    it all comes out to $245 / hour (if your contracts are grouped within 2 min. drive time). you are going to pay all your taxes & insurances - right?