1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uphappy customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Feb 19, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I plow 10 Walgreens with 3 trucks and 1 kid for shoveling. I can finish the whole route in about 3 to 4 hours and thats including salting lots and walks. All the store managers seem satisfied with our service. Except one manager no matter what we do we cant meet her expectations. Its kinda of depressing sometimes to hear this every snow fall. I even had managers give our crew compliments and made it to the comment box on the job reports. What do you guys do with these kinda of customers? Even when I go in and get the report signed and ask the manager was our service satifactory they say yes and sign the report but every time it gets deferred. I make sure the guys spend extra time here to make this site spotless but still is not good enough depressing I tell ya. I am a stage 4 survivor I have learned life is to short to be mad at the world and the plow guys.

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I plow with a guy who has 7 walgreens and they are always happy with our work. I take care of 3 by myself and the owner always gets calls about how good of a job I do.

3. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Some people can never be satisfied no matter what.

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I have a similar situation with one manager. We service all of this clients properties, and there are several of them in one particular area. They all receive the same high level of service....but this one particular manager is constantly criticizing the service, and complains about everything as if she just moved here from Florida.

She makes no bones about pushing upper management to replace us with a contractor "friend of hers".

They realize her agenda and give her little credibility on her noise. Maybe your problem manager has a similar agenda that she chooses not to share?

5. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

First off remember that if youre getting compliments from all the other store managers and you know yourself that the time and effort is being put in to do the property right, than just take her with a grain of salt. Shes probably just negative with life in general (unless you beat out her husband for the contract) and you may not be able to ever make her happy. Just for the sake of the contract, kiss her butt a little and chances are she'll be transfered soon anyway.

6. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

she could just be unhappy in her life and just needs to get laid.

7. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Some customers are NEVER happy with any work done by contractors they hire. They can suck the joy right out of a good day of work. :dizzy:

8. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Tell her you get your prescriptions at CVS. :)

9. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

That is possible. My crew says the same thing and I quote take one for the team buddy. I would but geeze I would need at least a case and bottle and I dont even drink anymore I havent since my first chemo over a year ago.:)

10. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a property that we service without complaints from the PM. The manager of the account on the other hand is a real negative person and looks for any excuse to complain. She looks for any excuse to bi*** like "they plowed everything but the entrance" but it was plowed untill the city truck came thru or they piled too much snow at the end of the lot. That sort of crap. Anyway we found if you (and I know sometimes it sucks) stop in and tell her what you plan to do for a paticular storm or stop and ask if there is anything else you can do for her they quit :realmad:.

I know it's BS but they often feel that they are not often heard and their opinion doesnt matter and thats their way of voicing their opinion. ****** as it is it's part of the game.

Good Luck :salute:

11. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Alright, Alright...I'll do it, I have low standards anyway

12. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I'll take care her on my way out to Mn. Gonna be a busy weekend!

13. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have one too. Not even the contact for the job, just one of the people in the co., but never happy..always something could have been done better or sooner or different. Have a real dark dislike for them now...someday I will tell them what I think.

14. bln

bln Senior Member

I had one like this, she was never happy. Always called and complained about nothing, chunks of snow would fall off a car and that meant we didn't plow or salt the lot. One day I had enough and I didn't answer her call and I let it go to voicemail. I called the property owner and he met at the property. I called her back from their parking lot with the owner sitting next to me so he could hear. You should of seen the look on her face as we entered the store together. He fired her on the spot and made her apologize to me. Not what I wanted to happen but I had a hard time wiping the ear to ear grin off my face.

15. Bossman 92

It may take 2 of you.....IF...... you get my drift! :laughing:

16. Bossman 92

Thumbs Up Good for you. It sometimes makes you wonder doesnt it

17. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I would go into her drugstore as a customer (buy something and keep complaining) and act towards her the same way she does to you. Let her know why you are doing this and you won't stop your behavior until she does.

18. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I know that I have an obligation to try and turn around my most cantankerous client. That being said, sometimes I need to get one of my guys to become the face of the company with a client. Some people just don't like me and I won't make them happy. Sometimes the cantankerous client likes dealing with someone else from the company. And sometimes you can't fix miserable. Valium and martinis.

19. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

I had one store manager that would call me and complain all the time, on top of chasing my guys down in the parking lot to tell them how to do there job...after a while, I went and serviced the store for a storm, before I even dropped the plow I went inside, asked to speak to him and then asked him to come ride with me while I plowed. Mind you this is a busy store with a moderate size parking lot, that is always at least 1/2 full during the day. Needless to say, after he rode with me for 20 minutes while dodging cars and people his attitude changed and realized that in the middle of the day while the storm is still happening the parking lot is not going to be perfect. Have not gotten any calls from him since that day.

20. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

eventually you'll lose it if she pushes hard enough. had it happen 2 me on my biggest contract a few years back. was blessing in disguise after it was all said & done but i was p$Sd