1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

upgrading

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by parknlot pusher, Jan 6, 2010.

1. parknlot pusher

parknlot pusher Junior Member

upgrading from a meyer poly straight 8ft to a 7.5 boss v...looking for some input, also does it really make plowing parking lots easier?

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck? That's kinda small. Yes it's faster most of the time.

3. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

My story..
    30 plus years of plowing with straight blades.....2nd winter with a 8.2 V ....

NO QUESTION......I will NEVER go back! "V" all the way!!!

have to ask also...why not the 8.2?

4. parknlot pusher

bought the plow for $1200 with everything including the mount. so the price played a big factor! plow is onlyear old. If I was to get a 8.2 do u think a 2500 GMC 4x4 would hold that wait in the front end?

5. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Didnt realize it was used... I'd have bought it too! .......Sounds like a great deal!!!!

The 2500 would handle the 8.2 ok... might have to crank the bars a little...Timbrens or the like are a good idea also.

If you've already got the 7.5, I think I'd look at a set of wings for that plow... gives you the option to go wide when you want/need to.

6. parknlot pusher

the wings sound like a good idea! i will have to look into them. i already cranked the torsion bars up do to the weight of the 8 ft poly meyer. the previous owner liked the joyce stick, i dont! is it hard to change back to the original hand held push button that the mount came with?

7. parknlot pusher

sorry! the boss plow is the plow i was talking about the push button hand held.

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so your rocking the handheld on the boss correct?

9. parknlot pusher

not yet the owner of it originally had the hand held but he felt more safer with the joyce stick. I guess he did not want to change with the times!

10. zman300

zman300 Member

I like mine going forward but not to good back dragging, no Smartlocks.
    If yours has them it will do better back dragging.

My other plows had the joy stick control. So at first I didn't like the handheld but am getting used to it.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're probably more familiar with the Meyer where any time you wish to change controller styles you're also required to change the control harness. No need to do so on a Boss, just unplug the one and plug the other in and you're done., no other changes needed.