1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wacyone, Jan 2, 2016.

1. wacyone

wacyone Junior Member

I run a 1988 Ford F-250 pickup. I have had an older Boss V plow for years with 11 pin plug plow/pickup side. I decided to go to the Boss power V XT plow now. Headlights and Smart Hitch II don't work with the 11 pin truck side. Dealer says he can put a repair plug(13 pin) truck side and with the 2 extra wires everything will work. Has anybody experienced this switch?
  2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

You can do it and it will work. The other two pins are for the Smarthitch attach switch and (I think) a headlight ground wire. You may want to consider just buying a new truck harness though; it'll cost about $200 for the harness compared to about $40ish for the repair end, but if you have an 11 pin harness on that truck then it is likely original and 14-17 years old.