1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

upgrading?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by champlainl, Feb 10, 2011.

1. champlainl

champlainl Member

I am upgrading from a snowbear to a used fisher minute mount,where I need help with is the vehicle push plates, my truck is a 2004 F150 heritage (old body style), I know on the minute mount 2 the required push plates are part #7150. Is it the same on the regular minute mount?
    I searched fishers library and found nothing about the MM1 for my truck
    Does anybody here know?
    PS- I have Timbrens already on the front of the truck.

Please help
    Thanks

2. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Thats a good upgrade! I dont know the part #s but maybe old Repo 207 will chime in here and straighten you out, I think he has all that stuff right in the front lobe and will tell you what you need pronto!

3. champlainl

champlainl Member

cool, thanks,as I supposed to get 1-2 FEET today

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

push plates

Push plates are the same for all Minute Mount 1 and 2 plows, truck side wiring is the same as long as you have the Insta-act hydraulic unit on the MM1 (3 plugs at the vehicle grill). Does the off truck plow assembley have the three plug Insta-act or is it the 2 plug SEHP pump assembly?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  5. champlainl

champlainl Member

hmmmm

I just talked with the guy selling it and he says its a 2 plug unit, unfortunately he let the push plates go withe truck when he traded it in and I'm not sure if I want to spend another 550 dollars more for those bad boys, been furiously trying to find a set of used ones,they don't exist anywhere.Is the 2 plug system a bad one? thanks

6. buddymanzpop

No it's not bad, it's an older style plow though and I hope the price your paying for it reflects that, does the truck side wiring come with the plow?

7. champlainl

champlainl Member

plow is 750 and it comes with everything but vehicle mounts
    Good Deal?

8. buddymanzpop

If it's in decent shape its a good deal.Is it a 7 & 1/2 foot plow with three trip springs on the back?
    Buy it and just hang on to the snow bear until you find a set of used push plates.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i just sold a 7150 mm truck side unit.

he had been lookin for prob 3 weeks or so. i just happen to find this one and recalled someone wanted it. not popular to find used.

that is not a set of 2 pushplates. the 97-2004 f150 its a solid 1 masive front push box unit.

fastest way to install it is remove front bumper 8 bolts. plan on cutting them off. those speedclip nuts the threads had rusted out. then everything is open and stright forward install. drill few holes and install 12 bolts.

here is the pics of the frame i had sold to a member here to give you a idea of what it looks like.

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/21320.05_100108.pdf

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/29031.01_030108.pdf

100_2804.jpg

100_2805.jpg

10. champlainl

champlainl Member

Will the bumper be off the truck forever,or does it get reinstalled after push plate is installed, not sure if timbrens will be enough or should torsion bars be cranked up, or should I just buy a 3/4 ton truck? hate to get rid of this one as it is not my daily driver. Hmmmm. Thanks for the pics and all the info as you people make lifes questions alot easier!!

11. champlainl

champlainl Member

Anyways, I found a set yesterday at a local repar shop for 300, not sure if I'm gonna have the guy install mount for me as sweet30 's post for installion makes me kinda nervous.Could buy a snoway reconditioned for 2200 with 1 year warranty , I would rather have a steel blade .

12. sweetk30

daa remove bumper for install only. goes back on when done.

if you clicked the links i gave you its the parts and full install directions for that mount.

thats o.k. tho easy mistake . Thumbs Up

13. champlainl

champlainl Member

well i've seen some trucks like mine with plows and no front bumper,thats why I asked,thanks

14. buddymanzpop

upgrade

Your 150 will do fine with the 7 1/2, see how it sits with the Timbrens, then decide if you want to adjust the t-bars, remember in the spring you can undo the torsion bar adjustment.

15. sweetk30

to dam lazy to reinstall or chop/cut/fab setup the wrong way to not be able to refit bumper.

no problem tho. Thumbs Up

16. champlainl

champlainl Member

Well I went and looked at plow last night, everything is original, he has only replaced the hoses a couple of years ago, about 25% of the paint is remaining,there are no welds,one " pin" hole on top right side of blade.Wiring looks good,needs one locking pin that attaches plow frame to truck.
    Rusty, but here in NY thats common for a 13 year old blade. Hmmm,I guess 750 isn't a bad price. Only using it for my personal driveway 300 ft so it should be fine I guess. I'm bringing myneighbor with me today who is a Fisher guru so he will be the deciding factor.

17. sweetk30

my speedcaster was real bad with paint when i got it. this is a speedcaster 8ft blade. non mm stuff. paid 400 cash for it bolted to my truck . . . payup

trip to hardware store and warm garage fixed it quick.

wire wheel the loose crap off and brush/roll on some rustoleum sunburst yellow super close to fisher yellow. 2 coats of that let dry for a day or 2 and good to go.

few years now and holdin up strong.

pic of my blade when i got it.

then pics http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=579805&postcount=9 of fresh paint and rubber flap install. fyi super fash slopy paint job. if take time be much better.

your mm1 you are looking at is the same style blade thay used on the early mm1. thay are a heavyer blade than the newer stuff. so thats a bonus for the deal.

fisher8ft1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  18. champlainl

champlainl Member

Is there a brainbox for this plow

19. buddymanzpop

Brainbox

I think you are referring to an isolation module when you say "brainbox", no there is no isolation module on the two plug set up, just a few 5 spade 12 volt relays that control the lights. The isolation module is just a fancy relay system for your lights. A friend of mine just paid $600 for an off truck 7 1/2 SEHP set up, blade needs paint and a couple pin holes in it, came with an extra set of head lights and headlight/control harness (plowside) no truck side components, he needed it because some A$$H0&%$ cut his lift chain, angle hoses and control/headlight wiring and stole the SEHP pump assembly off his 8 footer. He plans on eventually putting the pump on the violated 8 footer.

20. champlainl

champlainl Member

ouch,that sucks. Thats probably what I will offer this guy 600 only because of lack of paint and maintenence