1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrading the nite saber 2 lights.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sixt5, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Sixt5

Sixt5 Junior Member

I plow on a huge farm and was thinking about changing the bulbs to an led or something similar to get some more light on the road as there are no street lamps for me.

Anyone done this? My comany would throw a fit attaching a light bar to the roof but bulbs aren't out of the question.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There's a few different led upgrades for plow lights, but they are salty. Could add a light bar to the plow frame like alotta plow jockies do
  3. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

I take it you are operating some one else's truck? I have plowed with both. My new plow has the night saber 2 lights on them. They are a really nice upgrade over the old ones however I'm not sure I noticed that huge of a difference for your situation. Are the lenses on the plow you are using fogged over? If they are that will make a huge difference, when they are fogged over it diffuses the light really bad. If they are believe it or not the kits you can buy to polish the lenses so that they are clear again actually do work really well. I have had two separate employees that had really foggy lenses on their personal vehicles that used the kits and they looked brand new.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nite Sabre 2's suck after aboot 2 seasons, the lens fogs over.

Go with LED's for long term reliability and they are far superior to any halogen.
    ktfbgb likes this.
  5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

The King of Snow and LED lights has spoken....:puke:
    ktfbgb and Mark Oomkes like this.
  6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I thought Buff's on a walk about