1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrading plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by duraplow, Feb 26, 2013.

1. duraplow

duraplow Member

Was wondering has anyone updated their power v to a VXT? I've found poly VXT moldboards for $1400 from a dealer near me, also I wanna upgrade to Smartlight 2s and HIDs. Do you guys think its worth it??

2. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i ran a friends 8'2" power v and i have the same width vxt i didnt notice much between the2 except the moldboard shape itself

i have hid's in my plow with smartlight2's but did only the lowbeams with an aftermarket kit from ebay all i will say is so far so freakin bright!!!!

3. duraplow

duraplow Member

Im just tired of the steel moldboards, the paint seems to come off quickly.

Were the HIDs just plug n play? I have them in my Dmax Hi/Lows and it took like 10 mins

4. duraplow

duraplow Member

Would a 9'2" be too heavy for my 2500? I see a few guys run them just not sure if it too much on GM's front end

5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the 9.2 poly VXT on my 04' duramax the last three years without any problems so far. I did add the Timbrens in the front end last year, which is really nice!

6. duraplow

duraplow Member

I have timbrens and 3" lift on the truck. How much ground clearence do ya have in full V?