1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrading my front suspension for a Blizzard 810. How does this setup look?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RamirezOrchards, Dec 1, 2010.

1. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Truck is a 2003 Ford F350 and plow is a 2004 810PP.

Add-A-Leaf: $235

SKYJACKER SOFTRIDE ADD-A-LEAFS, SET OF 2 -- Provides 2-3 in. of lift; Includes tie bolts; These add-a-leafs are made of American steel and are shot peened for unmatched strength; Inserts directly into factory leaf springs.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...+Suspension&tlc=Brakes,+Suspension+&+Steering

Timbren: $195

Timbren Kit for Ford F350 Super Duty [w/ snow plow pack] (1999-04) - 4WD - FRONTj
    * 3,000 lbs. Level Load Capacity
    * Reduces sag and sway
    * Eliminate vehicle from bottoming out
    * Perfect for handling heavy cargo loads
    * Ride quality unaffected when not loaded
    * Sold as Pair (left and right)
    * LIFETIME WARRANTY

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3211

All in all i'm looking at about $430 for these parts. Does everything look ok or should I upgrade or look at some other components?

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Hold up. First, what cab config / bed length. Secondly, what springs do you currently have? Are they snow plow prep springs?

3. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

If you dont have a diesel the timbrens are fine by themselves. I have a 99v10 and have used just timbrens for the last 4 years.

Diesel is a dif story. If its snow plow prep just trimbrens. If not then you might need more. I ran a 00 diesel for 3 years with just timbrens and didnt notice any sag. But it did bounce a lot. This year i am doing airbags on my front end for my 03 f350 diesel. Price for airbags was only $290

4. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Sorry, I have a supercab, 6 1/2 foot bed, do have the snow plow prep and my front springs are rated for 5200lbs. Which air bags are you looking at running MAE?

5. wls

wls Senior Member

I had 2002 supercab, shortbox, diesel, with the 5200# rated axle, all I had was timbrens added, one of the best plow trucks I had. Oh ya, had the 810 on it

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Mae, could you please remove those .gifs from your sig. They give my bandwidth an aneurysm every time I come across them.

OP, first, I would check to see if you have Snow Plow Prep Springs. You can do this by checking your spring code on your door stick. Verify if you have 6k rated springs. I would then look into an airbag system. This will help keep the truck pointed up under loads, and you can adjust accordingly unlike the Timbrens.

Secondly, realize that the truck will be over the FGAWR with a diesel.

7. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Thanks for the input guys. After some research I think my best option for me would be to go for the manual airbag system. I really like the idea of being able to adjust the psi and height of the spring according to my application. The air ride at a low psi is pretty appealing as well. I was told by the friendly guys at my local plow shop that air lift and firestone make good systems, but to definitely go for the firestones as they are more "heavy duty". I guess the next question would be where can I find a system like this at a rock bottom price?!

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I was just going to post about the airbags, I think that's a good call and you'll have a better ride in the off season.

9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I bought the firestone system. I got it from summit racing dot com. I really decided to get them because they were only $100 more than the timbrens. And the idea of being able to adjust them to be the perfect height for the plow to scrap the best is just ideal.

10. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

truckspring.com is a good place