1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrading lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I want to put the new intensifier lights on my unimount. As side from making a larger mount plate under the light and drilling a second hole is there anything else I will need to do to make them work? Also does anyone know if the intensefires are any heavier than the old lights? I don't want to much weight up on those little flat stock light brackets on the unimounts.

Thanks, Mark
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Any thoughts from anyone.

Also is it even worth swaping from the normal headlights to the intensifiers?
  3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Why are you worried about lights, your plow hasnt worked all winter..lol
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Its getting fixed, hopefully within a week it will be working.
  5. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

As for the weight, the intensifiers are lighter due to all plastic. I just upgraded my ultramount to them and it is a world of difference. The older ones had glass sealed bulbs which made them weigh more. The only drawback is that they are bigger housings so they block a little more of your sight. As for mounting I do not know what a unimount lightbar looks like. Sorry!:salute: You may have to change some wiring???? On mine, the old ones were a 11 pin connector with a ground wire to the pump motor. The new ones only have a 11 pin connector. It was a easy conversion for me. Hope this helps!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008