1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

upgrading from pro plus to wideout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2011F250Lariat, Apr 10, 2013.

1. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

When upgrading from pro plus to wide-out do you need different wiring harness or isolation module?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wiring yes. WO is two plug.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you can reuse your headlight harness and isolation module if you want to. the rest of the wiring and the control is different.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Pro plus is a conventional three wire hookup where as the wide out is multiplex with two plugs. You will need pretty much all the truck side electrical. Some of the truck side electrical parts come with the plow but you will need to buy a new handheld controller or joystick. You may also have a problem with the isolation module. All the new rigs come configured for the new three port isolation module. If you have an older four port it will be a bit confusing because the wiring diagram won't seem right. But really the only difference is the fact that you have one cable for each side headlight. The three port module has only one plug for headlights and the headlight harness is sort of a Y setup with one plug at the module splitting into two (one long and one short) end going to the headlights.
    You may think that the main battery cable is the same but when you look close you will see that it is not. The old plow has the power relay under the hood but the new one has the relay onboard the plow. There are also two small wires added to the power plug. These are communication wires, one sends commands to the plow and the other allows the plow to communicate errors etc to the controller.

5. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

pro plus to wide out 2011 f-250 to 2015 f-350

I am re-using my 3 plug iso module and light wire harness.

I got a new power cable, handheld controller and harness that goes to the handheld controller which is now 4 pin.

I have a left over harness from the 6 pin old pro plus controller which i am guessing is no longer going to be used, if so it seems like i am still missing a harness maybe?

6. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

does anyone have a link to the wiring instructions on the new wide outs?

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

8. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

lol never did the upgrade back then, but sold the pro plus this year and doing it now.

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fyi wideouts have always been fleet flex.

10. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I'm upgrading from 3 plug mvp's to 2 plug mvp plus's. Only thing I kept was the mount on my 08. Out with the old in with the new for me. By the time you research and get everything right, you could have all the old off and sold and have all new stuff on.

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you need to reuse your 26357 harness that plugs into the 'A' port on the module also.
    So you'll reuse the module, 26357, and whatever headlight harness it is - Then you added the 42014 and 28587 multiplex harnesses - Then get rid of the 26345 old main harness and the little 29047 Y adapter.

12. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

thanks, i figured it out form a schematic on the western website.