1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

upgraded to the intensifiers =D

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 31, 2009.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

They still need to be properly aimed but, I swapped the stock MM2 lights out for a set of the new intenisifiers on our dodge. To save time we decided to buy the brackets from fisher but we ended up wasting more time that way. I should have just made my own. First the dealer gave me the wrong brackets.:realmad: We went back and the guy showed us the only sets he had and all 3 were wrong for our application:dizzy:. Apparantly fisher stopped making the set that would convert the conventional, MM1 and, 1st series MM2 headgears. We ended up taking a set to convert the Western unimount headgear and, added another set of brackets we had laying around here. I can't wait for night to come so we can aim them and see how they look ussmileyflag

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

When and if you load ballast , them there headlights will never be correct .

It all depends what / when you got on your back vs. aim.

You got B.F.S. (Ballast fluxuation syndrome):cry:

perfectly normal
  3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Where did you get them and how much if you don't mind me asking?
  4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

BTW, check the metal loop welded under where your lift arm connects to the chain; you have the old design that wears thru. Your local dealer may replace it under warranty.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks for the info turbo diesel:salute: we don't add any ballast to either of the trucks. what you said makes perfect sense though. i'm going to keep that in mind for next year when we hopefully have a tailgate spreader on the truckussmileyflag

thanks to you too ford fisherman. somewhere in one of the hundreds of posts on here i've read i saw about that lift ring wearing out. i think it was actually in a reply you left on someones post ;) i don't see any wear on ours but i'm definitily keeping an eye on it from here on out. to answer your question about the lights i got them from one pf plowsite's sponsers, central parts warehouse. it was $237.06 for the lights and $20.12 to ship them to NY for a total of $257.18. I ordered part# 28800 which was both lights and a brand new 11 pin harness so all i had to do was unplug the old ones, disconnect the ground wire and then plug the new ones in. there's no external ground wire on the new set.

if these end up being as nice as most people say they are i may just buy another set to put on our 78 gmc :cool:
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Um Hate to burst you bubble with your new brackets and lights. but one of the major issue with the Dodges and new Fords is the grill. So how about a pic with the hood about half way open. Grill wont get past your lights I bet. You need to push them forward a couple inches too. So just a plate of steel works best. I will post pics of mine later, i spent 10 bucks at the local steel place for some.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i'll get a pic tomorrow in the day light but the hood opens just fine :salute: you can add toyota to your list of trucks that will have trouble though. the new brackets fisher is making are designed for the headgear that already has the 2 hole system. they bring the lights forward about 2 inches to correct that problem. i appreciate you telling me that though bigdave. had it been a direct bolt up i guarantee you we would not have noticed the clearance issue until it was too late so in a weird way it was better we had to make something.if our headgear had only been a late model 05 instead of an original 02 we wouldn't have had to make anything and could have just used the new brackets.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

hood clearance pics as promised

here's the pics as promised. i tried holding a ruler up as i was snapping the pic but my hand moved so it aint exactly in the right spot. i didn't notice it until i went to re-size it to put on here but you'll get the idea;)

we aimed them last night and man what a difference! we're sposed to be getting a storm in a couple of days and if they perform as good as they seam like they will we'll definitely be retrofitting a set to our 78 ussmileyflag

9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Those lights just look so much cooler than the stock ones. Gonna repaint those blades this summer?

SKYNYRD Senior Member

they look way cooler than the stock ones for sure :cool:

i actually touched the fisher up today with some spray primer and paint but yeah they'll both get painted this summer. i make sure to do them every summer. blades cost too much to let them rot away.