1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgraded to a CSP690

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by grec-o-face, Dec 14, 2011.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I just replaced an old STL power supply with a Whelen CSP690!!! And WOW!!! I'm very glad I did. I guess you get what you pay for...

The Whelen piece is really high quality (as most of you probably already know). The flash patterns are good and the intensity is way better!!!

On a side note;
    I have an STL strobe power supply for sale.... :whistling:

2. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

i have a 80w STL kit in my truck, did you just swap out the power supply? and re-use the STL strobes/cables?

3. grec-o-face

Yup. I had to cut the connectors and splice standard AMP connectors (the kind that Whelen and most other brand names use). I had a bunch of the correct connectors laying around from previous installs.
    The STL power supply uses its own style connector.

4. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

Yea i figured you had to change the connectors, but definitely good to know that it worked with yours though. Might try it with mine now, those flash patterns from STL honestly do suck.

5. grec-o-face

Yeah, and it's just not that bright either.

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

The Whelen power supplies are great units and very well built. They are a regulated power supply which sets the max output to each output which is a nice safeguard.

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

yep....pretty much sums it up right here....LOL:laughing: