1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgraded Stock Headlight Bulbs

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by CAVA, Feb 19, 2007.

1. CAVA

CAVA Junior Member

I Went To The Local Auto Supply And Bought The Sylvania Silverstar Ultra (h466) Replacements For My Blizzard Lights. What A Difference They Made It Was Unbelievable. I Know Some People Have Posted Some Of The Light Swap Outs But Let Me Tell You That For A $40 Dollar Investment And A 5 Min Install It Is Definetly The Way To Go.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

let us know how they work out, and if they last. I have heard that they dont stand up to vibration.

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

What bulbs are they using in the higher end lights from Fisher or others? I am curious as I would think that the improved bulbs would help the stock lights, but am concerned about the vibration you mentioned.

I take it the higher end optional lights being offered have a different bulb socket????

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

autozone,and others I am sure sell a silverstar bulb that fits the stock headlight housing for blizzard, about 19 bucks a piece I believe. It is an H4656 I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong.

It is the whole light bulb/lense assembly like old cars used to use prior to composite lights coming into fashion. Stock blizzard used a plastic light/lense, these are glass.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Ya I was just looking at a Fisher part diagram that seems to show a bulb like you mentioned. So much for just upgrading the Blizzard to that bulb. :(

I might try the one you mentioned.

6. MBB

MBB Senior Member

H6545BL Wagner upgraded lamp assembly for blizzard (2002 model 810) glass lense not plastic. Seems much better than the orginal ones. Under $20 apiece.

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Is that just for a new lens and bulb?

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Never mind, I did not know the Blizzard lights are sealed beam.

Thanks for the part numbers. :)