1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgraded Springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 91AK250, Nov 22, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i'd been wanting to do this for awhile, upgrade the crappy springs they put on the excursions. ever since getting my '04 excursion i've hated the bottoming out over the smallest bump. i had maybe 1" of room between the bumpstop and the axle.

so last week i picked up some used X-code springs off a '99 f-350 with 45k miles. this weekend i installed them, i left off the F-350 blocks thinking it may sit level..i was very wrong haha so i orded the blocks this morning and should have them in a week.

i got almost 3" of lift out of the front. i should get it leveled with the 3.5" f-350 blocks in the rear once they get in. in the mean time shes sitting ass low haha

it rides and drives better, not so soft and def better over the bumps..dosnt bottom out over everything anymore..woohoo

2. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Looks good. Where did you order your F350 blocks from?
  3. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Doesn't look bad - -just looks like you have a couple bags of salt in the back
  4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Nice job how long did it take you to put the springs in?
  5. 91AK250

i ordered the blocks and u bolts from my local dealer, we get a good deal with the company discount so it was about 50% off retail price.

i had a buddy helping me and we started at 10pm and got done at 2am..so about 4 hours all together which wasnt to bad. the drivers side took alot longer then the pass side but we got it.
  6. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Did you have to put an adjustable trac bar on to get the axle to align correctly or did everything work with the stock trac bar?
  7. 91AK250

everything is fine, no alignment issues of any kind.

i really like how it drives now, plus sitting up just alittle higher then everyone in traffic now!