1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgraded Pushers/Advertising

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColumbiaLand, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Decided to go get some new signs for the back of two trailers and I also had my 12' pusher lettered and I just bought a 10' pusher for my skidsteer, also had that lettered, they did the inside and the ends of both pushers. You would be surprised how long the lettering inside the pusher holds up. I have a local friend who did this with a pusher 3 years ago and its still looks great and he gets a ton of calls as he parks it out in front of a plaza he does. I will get a picture of the pusher on the loader during the next storm. We have it out on the road right now!

Snow And Ice Winter 2009 020.jpg

Snow And Ice Winter 2009 021.jpg

Snow And Ice Winter 2009 022.jpg
  2. ColumbiaLand

Has anyone else ever done this with pushers? wondering how it held up?
  3. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That looks nice. Money well spent id say! I would amagine that should last a long time as its not rolling the snow off, but just pushing. The elements of plowing and weather might take a toll after a few years?.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I think YOUR buddy did it oh about 3 years ago and it still looks great.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

We letter our pushers. I don't use vinyl lettering though. I made a stencil and just repaint each season to freshen it up.
  6. ColumbiaLand

Ive seen the way you stenciled on your pusher. I think the vinyl looks better though. I would hate to paint that every year. I'm putting my company info/logo on everything I own and it seems to be working very well as far as advertising and people recognize our equipment on job sites/around the area
  7. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

That looks sweet. You could try clearcoating the pusher boxes, atleast the face and ends to help prolong the lettering wearing off. Just an idea.
  8. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I might letter our plow truck. Just for kicks. After it's through its rehab next summer. Hopefully the floor holds.... Anywho, looks nice sir. :D
  9. Trane365

Trane365 Member

Any advertisement/self promotion is always a good idea.
  10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that looks really good....simple, clear and easy to read
  11. TJ Fed

TJ Fed Member
    from Indiana

Rask has that on there pushers I think everyone of there pushers at that
  12. ColumbiaLand

Got a phone call this morning from the one I have on our loader! already paying for itself!:jester:payup:waving:
  13. AbbottCon.

AbbottCon. Junior Member

my cousin lettered his 14ft loader pusher about 5 years ago now and the front looks brand new still. the side lettering is a little dinged up from building piles i think but thats not really the one people are looking at anyway
  14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

how much did you pay for the sign on the trailer?
  15. ColumbiaLand

The signs on the trailer were 275.00 The lettering of both pushers was 165.00
  16. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I like how big the numbers and letters are, it really stands out and would be easy to see from the street when your driving by. Looks good, great investment!
  17. ColumbiaLand

Yes I was going to put more information on there buy decided to keep it simple and I think it will look good in the long run
  18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

not bad at all....I spent $350 on my 3'x5' trailer sign but its a digital print....I like it but I think its got too much going on....I want to get my plow vynaled.
  19. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

the company i work for put the company name and number on the side of the pusher. it held up ok but wouldnt say you could read it very well after one season
  20. ColumbiaLand

Well I see setting up the pushers on lots right at the beginning of the season as good advertising. Once snow gets everywhere try to keep them clean and visable