1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgraded Lift Ram For Extreme-V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tiaquessa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I have a 2011 8'6" Extreme-V plow and wanted to upgrade the lift ram to the 1-3/4" version used on the XV2. I ordered the ram, and the length is perfect, but where it mounts on the headgear (lower) it won't fit between the mounting tabs. According to Fisher, it should be the same part#. Anybody know if they make a different one for the EXV?
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope. I talked to our fisher dealer here about the same thing last week. The tech told me you need to do some grinding but you have to be careful not to take too much off because you can ruin the cylinder
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Is there even that much of a difference to do that upgrade? Pete I found salt at a decent price
  4. George C

George C Senior Member

I upgraded the ram when my XLS was built at the dealer. It fit perfect.
    That doesn't help you, but I personally think the small ram is too small for our heavy plows.
  5. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

Yeah, I'm right there with you. Definitely not enough power to lift the blade when trying to stack heavier snow. I'm thinking their using the same headgear on both v plows now so the tab openings are allowing the "Newer" EX-V to fit the larger cylinder.