1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrade my 8' MM HD??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wng-2, Mar 15, 2011.

1. wng-2

wng-2 Member

Hi there, new here, great place! I currently am running an 8’ HD MM, three plug set up, which I believe came new on my 2002 Silverado 2500 HD. I plow a 2100’ gravel driveway (road). I was thinking of upgrading to a 9 footer, and saw a V on Craig’s list.
    http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/2263205365.html

The guy wants to trade for an 8 footer, claims the V is too heavy for his truck??
    Looks a 2500 in the picture…I read a thread here about the V, most guys seem to think it’s the bees knees. I’d like to know what it would take for me to get into a V, weather this one, or a new one with my current truck side equipment. Perhaps I’m just wasting my time and money, if so, I’d like to know. Below are pictures of my module and plugs. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's a 9.5' EZ-V that guy has. It sounds like a great deal to me. You should get ahold of him quik.

3. wng-2

wng-2 Member

What will it cost me to make it work?

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure on price. But, you will need all the truck side wiring and controler. Since that guy also has a 2500HD you guys could swap your truck side wiring and controlers with the plows. You can keep the push plates you have now.

5. wng-2

wng-2 Member

Thanks, I'll have to give him a call and see what his story is...

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

No all u need to swap is the #1 harness and controllers and good to go.

7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Yea if i were u I'd get on that quick.A big plus for u would be if u got to that 2100 ft driveway late and its really piled up u can put it in the full V position just to bust it open.