1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrade from t stick to joystick?????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wagsw900, Feb 20, 2011.

1. wagsw900

wagsw900 Junior Member

Just purchased a mid 70's western plow. It has a t stick contol with red cables, and one is bad. Can you purchase these red cables, or will the black adjustible ones work. If it work can I just upgrade to the joystick contol and get rid of the t stick control. Any input would be great.ussmileyflag
  2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

As far as I remember the cables are the same for the "T" and Joystick, but if the "T" control is worn its difficult to get adjusted. You can replace it with a Joystick that comes with adjustable cables on both lift and angle. Having an adjustment on the lift works really well when your trying to make it all work. I used to spend a lot of time in Waupaca and if I remember there is a Fleet Farm near you, they should have what you need.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

the red cable's and black one's are different the red one's are still available from sam's (buyer's)but get the newer joystick control and get it over with !