1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upfitters getting hammered!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Upfitters here south of boston have lots of last years plows,pushers and sanders sitting in their yards! If this winter is a repeat of last winter, and its starting to look that way, there will be some great deals to be had come spring?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Had a local hardware store last year purchase 60 new toro snowblowers. At the end of last winter he still had 60 snowblowers and 20 skids of rock salt he had to pay for storage for the summer. He was worried saying if it is a similar winter he may have to close. Plus trying to compete with the big stores makes it tough. He survives on neighborhood patronage . There may be a few outfitters struggling right now.
  3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

So great, we'll have deals here in MA on snow removal equipment. We still have no snow, so what's the point? Ha. I'll stick to my used but good plows and trucks. I don't want to end up loosing my shirt.