1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

upfitter switches

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by boba, May 7, 2005.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

Where are the ends for the upfitter switches? Can't follow the wiring harness that comes out of the switch.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

BoBa
    If you have a GM truck they are stuffed up under the headliner, by the rear drivers pillar if I remember right. Do a search and there are alot of threads about this or see if you can get ahold of Sonjaab he has alot of info on Chevy/GMC trucks.

Good Luck Mike

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

BoBa
    Just did a search for you, do one for a thread called Snow Plow Prep all the info that you need is in that thread, but make sure you read the one from sonjaab about the third or fourth response down from the top. Oh and be careful because you can break those clips real easy.

Good Luck Mike

4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I take it you are talking about the switches in an 05 Super Duty?? If so, the ends of the switches are located over behind the fuse panel. I couldn't find mine either, I had to call and ask the dealer. I don't know why they didn't put any info about this in the owners manual...

5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Whats an upfitter switch?

6. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

The upfitter switches are fused switches mounted into the dash right from the factory. There are 2-30 amp and 2-15 amp switches. This way you don't have that to run your own switches, or at least as many of them. Here is a picture of what they look like. Also this pic has the built in brake control.

upfitter.jpeg

7. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

ooooo I thought those were part of the built-in trailer brake controller from the brochure I saw....thats pretty cool...way to go Ford!

8. boba

boba Senior Member

flykekkey,
    I did a search on snow plow prep but did not come up with the thread you mentioned. More info would help. thanks