1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upfitter Switches

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Hambrick & Co., May 2, 2010.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, I just bought a new 09 F250 PSD and it has the upfitter switches, I was looking for a little help on how to wire an acc. to those switches. I am looking to install some backup lights for salting mostly but want to wire them to a switch rather than directly to the reverse lights. Any help on how I do this would be appreciated. Thanks Mike.
  2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

3. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Under the drivers side dash near the steering column there will be 4 capped wires clustered together labeled AUX 1,2,3,4. They are already fused so you need to just run your power wire from your lights and hook them up to the appropriate wire to the switch you want to use. It's really easy once you find the wires under the dash.
  4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

They take forever to find the first time!!! They are great though. We use them for everything but the dump. Salter, reverse light, yellow light.
  5. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks I will take a look for them today. When I tried going to the website the other day it did not open on my PC. Thanks again Mike