1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Upfitted my truck bed with Weather Guard boxes!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IC-Smoke, Apr 6, 2011.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Weatherguard.com

124-0-01 cross box
    184-0-01 lo-side boxes (pair)
    1450 Weekender Ladder rack

The ladder rack works great with my 28' ladder as well!

[​IMG]

I sprayed the insides of the boxes with Al's liner as well! alsliner.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Looking good. New truck?

That spray on liner looks good. I was going to use rustoleum bed liner for something, but that stuff looks more like rhino lining.

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

LOVE weatherguard! It's all made 10 min from me and will be the only brand box I'll ever own

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i really like your bumper sticker!

5. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

X2! I was going to say the same thing. lol Nice boxes and truck too

6. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Have you used Al's Liner before? I am wanting to use that product on my rockers just looking for someone that can give first hand information. Thanks Nathan

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

hahah Thanks guys! I get a lot of compliments from it!

I had a WG 117 (extra wide one lid box) prior to the setup and it was a excellent box. I wont buy any other brand! I've been a WG ***** on facebook and they hooked me up! My WG dealer was missing the front bracket on the ladder rack but drove a hour that day to his other store then delivered the part to my house on his own time! talk about customer service!!!

I went to the family cab for the new little addition in the family.

I've used al's for a little while now. I've done 5 toolboxes so far, a few misc items and one truck bumper and all are holding up excellent!!! You need a air compressor that will hold 17cfm @ 90 psi constant If I recall correctly.

Here are a few photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cant find the bumper photo but Ill see if I can track the guy down.

8. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Looks great nice job

9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

sprayed another box

[​IMG]

10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

WG is the best box hands down IMO. Nice job on the liner!

11. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

I really Like that Al's liner, what does it cost? the web site does not have prices since you have to get it from a dealer. It looks like you get professional results with a do it your self kit, if the price is right I'll be doing a lot of coating in the near future.

12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks guys!

a gallon kit costs just under $100, and the hopper gun is around $70 I researched the liner then talked my local napa into stocking it and so far so good!Thumbs Up

A buddies truck sprayed with Al's from the body line down. Being a work truck we wrapped the liner inside the door all the way up to the door seal.
    [​IMG]

13. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

that chevy looks awesome

14. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

looks great I have weatherguard in my trucks. I like the als liner. My question is does the tray have room to slide now that the box and tray are coated?

15. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

The tray still slides with no issues. It actually works better since before the tray would slide back and forth going around curves and such, now it has some friction.

I sold my boxes to my buddy since I'm going with black boxes Thumbs Up

[​IMG]

16. nixray

nixray Senior Member

Looks great, I love WG and that was before I knew they were made a here in USA, also love the sticker!!
    truck(s) look sweet as well

17. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

back in black!

[​IMG]

18. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Good call on switching to the black boxes! I think your truck looks way better with those boxes. I'm pretty sure you are on CF with the same screen name? I'm sure you already have this in the works looking at your truck but black steps or tubes next. Nice truck man! Casey

19. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Did you ditch the transfer tank too? Or am I thinking of another silver cummins with all WG boxes lol

20. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks Casey!
    I am the Michigan Chapter President on CF, same screen name. I am going to have the steps powder coated. I would ditch them but they are nice getting the car seat in and out. as well as getting into the front toolbox.

I still have the fuel tank, it is in the back of the 06 still. t wont fit in the short bed so plan on getting weather guards smallest one so I can turn it backwards and tuck it under the front box.

[​IMG]