1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Updates to my new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by deere615, Mar 15, 2010.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Well spring is almost here9as this site is almost complete dead! But I decided to do some things to my truck I bought back in November. I did/added a couple different things to it. I brought a new tailgate(other one worked/looked fine but it was bowed just a bit and I wanted to get it lettered so I wanted a nice one)
    new tailgate.jpg
    took off the chevrolet
    new tailgate front.JPG
    spray bedlinered the part that will show after a put the plastic bedliner piece on
    new tailgate back painted.JPG
    old tailget off bed coated.JPG

new tailgate.jpg

new tailgate front.JPG

new tailgate back painted.JPG

old tailget off bed coated.JPG

2. deere615

I also put "chip gaurd" down the sides-I used herculiner bedliner and rolled it on after sanding the paint off. I also did the back side of the bed, like behind the wheels to prevent rusting.
    bought this to help its a nice sander
    new air sander.JPG
    sanded
    driver side sanded.JPG
    driver side backbefore bedliner sides.JPG
    taped off
    passanger side taped.JPG
    passenager side inside door taped.JPG

new air sander.JPG

driver side sanded.JPG

driver side backbefore bedliner sides.JPG

passanger side taped.JPG

passenager side inside door taped.JPG

3. deere615

bedlinered
    sides bedliner-driver bed 2.JPG
    sides bedliner-driver down whole side-wheels shiny.JPG
    sides bedliner-pass bed side.JPG
    sides bedliner-pass door.JPG
    sides bedliner-driver inside door.JPG

sides bedliner-driver bed 2.JPG

sides bedliner-driver down whole side-wheels shiny.JPG

sides bedliner-pass bed side.JPG

sides bedliner-pass door.JPG

sides bedliner-driver inside door.JPG

4. deere615

Then I added cab lights
    drilling holes:dizzy:
    cab lights center holes.JPG
    cab lights right holes.JPG
    cab lights done.JPG
    cab lights done on.JPG
    parking lights on.JPG
    I will get pictures up of the lettering and mirrors tomorrow

cab lights center holes.JPG

cab lights right holes.JPG

cab lights done.JPG

cab lights done on.JPG

parking lights on.JPG

5. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

truck looks really good

6. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Nice, the cab lights make the truck look so much better. How come you only did part of the rockers?

7. deere615

Thanks before I did cab lights the truck was just white/black all I needed was a clear lens on the whelen and it looked like an undercover cop truck or something lmao
    thanks, because thats the main part you step on and the body sorta dipped down and those points so I sorta just went with the line of the body

8. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Looks great! I have a list of things to do to my truck this spring/summer too.

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree the truck looks good. Did you do the light install yourself? How long did it take, and how easy was it? Also do you have them wired into your parking lights?

10. EXTREMEV

EXTREMEV Junior Member

wow im gonna have so say i liked the way it looked before. That bedliner dont look right on the side of the truck.

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice Brad. Should have gotten the led cab marker lights. Got a set of them on my truck and they are pretty cool looking. Drilling the holes in the cab was a pain at best.

12. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Im getting a new truck this summer and was planning to get something like that done as well i was thinking about line-x because they can color match for a little extra. Just an idea based on that style of truck i had before, take the fender flares off and do the same under them, they have a tendancy to chafe the paint and the rust starts there and works its way up.
    and get some outside pics so you can see the entire truck from the side etc etc

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

those cab lights look good Brad ;) hahahaa

14. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Looks good man. I would like to see a pic of the whole truck outside.

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

looking really good man!!!!

17. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

Looks Good deere, Make it the way YOU want it. Very practical for a work truck. Nothing like plowing with a regular cab long bed!

18. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

thats nice, that will be so much more durable now

19. deere615

Thanks, I still have thinks I want to do like shocks and a bunch of lights but that can all come later this summer
    Thank you, yes it wasnt to bad. I got the factory wiring harness so it was basically plug and play once the holes were drilled-I used gromuets around the wires and siliconed every hole. I had directions on exactly how to do them with measurements that I got off the net so that helped.
    To each his own. I was really concerned if I would like it or not I even colored the area in on a picture on the computer once I started sanding there was no turning back and once I finished one side I was really happy with the way it looked
    Thanks, yeah I just wanted the plan ones since this is a work truck-they are gm ones I got off someone who put leds on. When I get a personal truck someday they will have nice leds though!
    This was way cheaper than paying for line-x and plus I wanted it black so it was more 2-tone, I would think color match would look weird because that area would just look rough but thats JMO, Yes I really should have took the fender flares off and did behind them-maybe someday I will do it.
    I will be getting some outside pictures up here in a bit with the lettering
    thanks
    thanks, I will be getting some outside pictures up here in a bit with the lettering
    Thank you
    thanks!
    Yes I like my trucks setup a certian way especially in the cabs. Yes they are the perfect truck I actually liked plowing with my 1500 beter than this truck lol
    thanks yep and looks cool!

20. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I like it looks good!!, can you post a pic of the whole truck?