1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Updated Truck and Loader pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mick76, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Seems as though I never have enough time during the winter to snap some pics. Or I forget to bring the camera or I'm too darn tired. The silver truck 3500 is the one I had last year. The V thats on that one is the one I picked up this summer for $2100. Good buy I think. The black truck 2500 HD with the 8.1 is the one I bought this summer. All lettered up and ready to go. I've got a bunch more pics but thought I'd post a few. I'm planning on a website this coming spring and wanted some pics of some of the equipment. I'm thinking after a storm to get the whole "fleet" together and take a group shot. I was planning on doing that this past season but for the above reasons I didn't. So, what do you think? Any other shots that I could take from different angles?

Mike

TruckLoaderpics 031.jpg

TruckLoaderpics 032.jpg

TruckLoaderpics 040.jpg

TruckLoaderpics 073.jpg

TruckLoaderpics 081.jpg

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking set up... The lettering looks good.

3. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

what kind of mileage does that 8.1 get working?

4. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns Junior Member

Nice The trucks look good

5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

nice trucks the black one looks good

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Mick the xv's look great...how do you like them? And what size are those? Do you have anything done to the front end of those trucks?

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I havn't had it plowing yet as I just picked it up this summer but I'm getting a whopping 7 (yes thats right 7) mpg now.... probably get 5 or so plowing :cry:

Love the XV's but buying cutting edges for them every season sucks to a tune of $300-$400 each:(. In the picture the silver one has the 8.5 and the black one has the 9.5. I'll have the 9.5 on the silver and the 8.5 on the black for plowing (for the pics I didnt care which one was on which truck) I do have timbrens on both trucks that helps alot. Thinking of turning up the torsion bars a few clicks to get greater clearance on the silver one. The silver is a 2006 and I've had to do nothing (yes nothing) to the front end. It just took another inspection sticker last week.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

They look beautiful, and 2100 for the xv is a great price.....Im in the process of buying one and was a litte worried about the weight. But after seeing your pics, they handel those plows well. The 9.5 is a heavy plow, but im sure it will get alot of work done. Have a great winter

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

Ouchhhhhhhh

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Everything looks great. For $2100 that is a great deal. I just bought a new XLS and 8.6 SS EXV. I was going to get the 9.6 but I opted with the smaller. I hope I dont regret it down the road. Good Luck this year.

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Whats going on ur two trucks? Would love to see pics of the trucks set-up

12. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

How's the sectional holding up?

13. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Very well. No complaints what so ever. The skid is getting one next year! Maybe 2 skid sectionals if things work out like I think there going too......

14. Burkartsplow

the xls and the 8.6 ss exv are the plows i ordered on driday. delivery should be tuesday or weds.i will have pics.:bluebounc:redbounce

15. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Mick, I need my loader back for tomorrow.......

Oh sorry, I forgot they're twins.......Funny your cab paint looks a bit better than mine, as it seems more orange and less faded, do you store indoors? The stuff looks great, as far a pics go, I'd do one with the sectional up in the air over the skidsteer and the trucks on an angle kinda nosed into the skid.

I picked up firewood today from a new sub, and he has a brandy new scetional for a skidsteer, first time I've seen a sectional in person, very cool setup, looks very well built I still wish we'd ended up with one for the loader....But we really needed the folding option and the budget just wasn't there.

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good for u aron....cant wait to see pics. Have a great winter

17. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ed,
    The loader was a town machine so they probably did store it inside alot..... not me though... drove the loader to its lot last week....16 miles and 1.5 hours later I got there.... 19 mph.... I got soooo excited when I was going down a hill and hit 27 mph!...LOL
    Thanks for the suggestions on another pic
    I love the sectionals....darn things leave hardly any snow to salt away (good for seasonal , bad for per application).... but I know you needed the folding pusher for transport..... maybe arctics listening? (now that would be an engineering feet!)

18. Burkartsplow

Hey Mick, What size lot is the loader working at this winter and do you have a tailgate replacement spreader for the back of the dump insert?

19. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its just under 6 acres (but this year I did pick up the lot across the street from this one thats about 3 acres or so)..... the loader with help out the truck over there at times... I was planning on getting a dump insert tailgate spreader but decided against it for now... I've got my silver one with a 2 yarder and I've got a sub with another 2 yarder... I'd much rather get my sectional for the skid then purchase the tailgate spreader (thats the plan anyway)

20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice equipment. How many lots do you plow?