1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Updated the strobe lights on my truck!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by RefinedPS, Oct 16, 2012.

1. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Looks nice .... I have been thinking of buying a roof mounted strobe like instead of a led style.... The cost is sich a huge difference

3. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Ive done the 44 LED ones. They started losing LED's within the first few storms. Only benefit is is that Ive already wired everything so it'll be quick and easy when I can just clip the wires at the boxes and replace them with SNM E4's.
    Good luck with them.

4. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

Yeah, I'm not real pleased with how bright they are either. You get what you pay for though. I won't buy them again.

5. Roundhammer

Roundhammer Member

NIIIIIIIIICE!

Now throw a new roof light on there something modern..LED..maybe?? that matches the pace of the rest of your lights.. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

Nice Ride!

RH

6. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

I think we all need to take the jump at least one time to see the forest through the trees. At least I only "wasted" $20. I know Ill be following suit with you and replacing these as soon as I get time.

Run em till they stop. They still offer some warning and you never know, you could get them to work for a decent amount of time.

7. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

Thanks. Thumbs Up A new beacon for the roof is my next step. How do you like the responder?

8. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

Yep. Always spending a buck to save a penny. :dizzy:

9. Roundhammer

Roundhammer Member

My responder is CRAAAAAAAZY BRIGHT!.

Use the promo code..free shipping..$$$ saved EVERYONE HAPPY :)

Now they have the Dual Respoder..BLUE OR AMBER!..DAMN!..gonna have to cut down on the drinking while shopping..Think I might have missed that..Kinda..maybe..:dizzy:

RH tymusic