1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Updated Snow Equipment Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by GLS, Dec 9, 2008.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Just thought I'd share some pics of our current snow removal equipment.

We are still a 2-person operation, but have three trucks/plows for backup purposes...can't afford to have equipment failure!

New this season is the Dodge Ram with dumping aluminum flatbed, featuring fold down sides. We are able to load a 2-stage blower over the side to keep ballast in the back.

We also purchased a used Blizzard 860 snowplow from a member on this site. The purpose was to have a backup snowplow.

We also added another 2-stage snowblower, another simplicity but this time the signature pro, 17hp (or torque I guess now), 32" width.

And finally another spreader--Western 2500.

Now for the pics:

The fleet:

[​IMG]

A couple of the new dodge plow truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dumping aluminum flatbed by AlumLine:

[​IMG]

We went with whelen LIN4s for warning lights. We have 4 corner LEDs with custom bracket my brother made, 2 on each rear corner, and we will have 2 on the light tower soon:

2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the new simplicity 2-stage:

[​IMG]

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Very nice fleet, and AWESOME bed on that dodge. Its like scott taftco Home Depot rental truck bodies. I went to get one of those on my gmc 3500 and they wanted 4000. Mind me asking what you paid for that set up? The body, hoist, etc. I might just go with a standard steel flat bed for half the price if they still want 4000 for the scott. But I'll be interested in knowing what you paid for that.

Again, nice fleet and good luck out there this winter!

4. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Man, I am not a dodge fan but holy smokes that ram is one bad a.. looking truck.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

what's the weight capacity on the dump bed? Looks good!

6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Time for a shop? Looks good.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Are those lin 3s or 4s on the truck? VERY NICE SET UP! Should of gotten a boss vee though.:D

8. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Sweet Dodge. That should serve you well. I too want to know what you paid for that body.

Good Luck!

9. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Why did you guys leave the power plow on the chevy gasser instead of the straight blade? Was it just going to be too much of a hassle to switch it? Regardless nice trucks as always!

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice guys. Your new dodge setup is awesome, I want one. Glad to see things are going well and buisness is expanding. Big changes going from the just 95 and the unimount to now.

Any reason you kept the 810 on the 95 chevy and stuck the straight blade on the dmax?

11. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Looks good. Do you not need a Vbox spreader?

The LIN4's are nice lights.

12. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

very nice trucks i want a dodge for my dump truck when i get one

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet fleet what did the dodge st you back

14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Very impressive looking fleet.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Really nice stuff!:drinkup:

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

They may not have a way to load a vbox with bulk. I'd think loading a vbox with 50 or 80 pound bags would be no fun. Loading a tailgate from standing in the bed would probably be much easier and quicker.

17. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Nice looking fleet!

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good, Do you keep the oldest truck as your backup?

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Looks GREAT man!!! I remember all the way back when you had just the chevy with the dump insert....you've come a looong way! the Dodge looks AMAZING!

20. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Thanks for the comments.

I want to know where you can get a steel flatbed installed for $2,000! I think inserts are going for more than that. This bed cost double your $4,000 quote!

Weight capacity of the dump is the weight capacity of the truck. The hoist is good for about 4 ton I believe, so no issues there. The flooring is heavy duty extruded aluminum rather than sheeting. We built some expanded aluminum sides for it as we haul a lot of light materials (mulch, brush, debris).

Yes, we are in need of a shop and some land. Hopefully that comes soon.

They are LIN4s. They were only a few bucks more than the lin3s, so why not. I wouldn't trade my blizzards for anything!

All of the plows are interchangable. Any truck can hook up to any plow. The straight blade was really only on the GMC for the pics. We use the two regular cab trucks for normal snow removal trips...many of our accounts (condos) are very tight and it is hard to maneuver the crew cab.

A V-box would be nice, but we don't have storage space for bulk salt and we have no means of loading it either. As Mark said, i'm not about to load bags of salt into a vbox!

We had intended to keep the oldest truck as the backup, but we decided to keep it on full duty.

Thanks again for the compliments.