1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Updated pictures of our 2007/08 equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sk187, Feb 11, 2008.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Took some new pictures today of my equipment for the 2007/2008 season.

We are plowing a 2.5 million sq. ft. mall with it.

No pickups

Equipment:

2007 JD 544j high lift loader with new 16' Scoop Dogg box plow.

2003 Terex 873 loader with new 16' Scoop Dogg box plow.

2005 JD 325 skid steer with 8' 4 way plow

2000 International truck with 12' power angle, 10' belly blade, and salt spreader/auger.

2004 Honda ATV with 4' plow and salt spreader.

30 ton salt corral (blue tarp over it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

nice equipment! i really like that deere loader. thanks for the pics - Nick

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

How do you find the Terex over all?

Are they well constructed machines? enough power. etc.. And how's the service support. part price. all that stuff

5. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

With plow/pushers on everything, do you have to take one off each time you need to load salt into the truck?

6. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Repost - sorry - original message is next post down

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  7. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Well the Terex is a temp until a new JD arrives (big jd fans).

The Terex we are using (873) has alot of body panels to it which I am not a fan of at all. The extra panels just get bent and damaged alot faster then a JD which barley has any.

The inside of the Terex reminds me of our Moxy/Komatsu off road trucks with large colored buttons all over the place. The over all feel of the buttons and controls is alot more cheap then our new JD (of course the JD is 5 years newer), most of the buttons are already damaged or missing (previous renter).

The power on the Terex is great and for pushing snow it out pushes the JD hands down. I do believe the Terex 873 is more along the lines of a JD 644 rather than the JD 544 I am comparing it to, it also has snow tires and the JD has all purpose.

The only down side I have found for pushing is that there is no differential lock on the Terex we have. The JD has a differential lock on the floor and also a full time differential lock on the control panel, this is a big plus.

The Terex we have is a European machine, I do not know if they are all like this. This means the Terex in the picture has European power points (need special converter to use it).

If a Terex is anything like our Moxy / Komatsu equipment parts has to be ordered from over seas and takes time and is usually much more expensive.

When the starter went out on this machine the part had to be ordered from Indiana and driven to Michigan over night as the nearest dealer was 400 miles away.

There has been a new model Terex loader released and it looks much less bulky and much more streamlined body.

I wouldn't be scared of a Terex as the power is great but personally I am a long time JD fan and thats hard to change.

8. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

We just unhook the plow from the skid steer, put the bucket on and load the truck with that. The truck holds 6+ yards of salt and that is more then enough for the property, so its just a one time thing.

Next year the JD will have a quick attach system and quick attach pusher so it will be much easier.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice equpment and pictures

10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

A Terex is a Schaef Machine. They are German I Believe. I have run run and found it an increcibly simple and basic machine. The One I ran was a smaller tool carrier version that the Iowa DOT has. I think they have a couple of them.

I think the thing that kills them (Terex) is the lack of dealer/dealer suppport.

But if they can overcome this problem I wouldn't hesitate owning one.

Peterbilt

11. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

The nice thing is they are single stick control and the FNR is all on there to.

You only have to use 1 hand to shift gears (or can use auto), same hand to do FNR, same hand to control the bucket.

JD or course has the same thing but its only available on the J series JD.

12. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Wow, that jd loader and push box makes me drool. Beautiful machine. Nice fleet as well.

13. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Is that your only account or do you have others?

14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures, equipment looks good.

15. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

here is the other half to this story http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=46936&page=2 it gets intersting on the 2nd page

there was more than just BriBrius that did'nt know what they were talking about;)

WELL HOW'S IT going:D i hope well.

i just wanted to bring up all the a-holes that told you, that you couldnt do it and i am glad to hear that you can and i hope you rub thier nose in it:salute:

i started the same way (much smaller scale). but the moral of the story is DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A PROFESIONAL DIRT WORKER, snow is alot softer, less abrasive, less fuel, and above all it is not as hard on equipment

so again GOOD JOB SK187 and i want a report at the end of the year

p.s. what are you doing with all the snow? is the origional ditch still the plan?

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pictures and equipment

17. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I love that thread :)

Truth be known we are doing 2.5 million sq ft + salt and sidewalks / truck docks with 3 guys.

It takes us from 4 to 8 hrs depending on snow.

I have 3 main guys and 2 on call and its working out great we have had calls to the mall saying how good the job was and have several job/bid offers.

This job has more curb and islands then you could imagine.

Overall the people in that thread scared me pretty good but we do way bigger jobs in the summer with excavation.

Another thing I realized is something that goes for 200,000 in another state gets half that in Michigan.

Either way next year I plan to double to 5 million sq feet so get ready to tell me how stupid I am when I make that post next year.

We are a heavy equipment based company and the idea of a pickup for plowing on something this size seems ridiculous to me.

Major thanks to powerjoke for the support.

Looking at the thread the only other decent person was bribrius.

I invite anyone to come to the site ( I already see other plow trucks watching every time it snows) and see how its done.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  18. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

How much salt do you go thru a year there and how much do you put down per time

19. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Depends, this year not much as its not available.

20. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

SK Congrats wesportwesport :drinkup: glad to see you are doing well