1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

updated according to what you said, how'd I do?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Grn Mtn, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Last winter you guys gave some great suggestions to improve my website overall and for just the plowing season, so here it is, tell me what you think now.

www.greenmountainlandscape.com

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Looks real good. :waving: I especially like the use of the trend to background images. The only suggestion I'd make is that I'd have to wonder about potential customer's reaction to having "too much" on the site where you started pushing your design and your wife's photography businesses. You might want to put your training and experience in landscaping before your training at RIT/Design. But, really, that's just me and I see things from an old-time perspective.

Couple of grammatical errors:

"Commercial properties will appreciate the level of service GML provides. Accounts are kept to a minimum so snow accumulation will not get out of hand. Salt services combined with plowing insure your lot will stay as clean as possible. Close attention is paid to the weather forecast, if the temperature drops below freezing and is expected to stay, salt is applied as an added measure of safety. Handicap parking spaces receive extra attention. GML is just a phone call away and will gladly perform special requests within a timely manor. Commercial properties will be serviced within a 5 Mile radius of Headquarters. Season contracts start at $85/trip + $5.71 p/bag of salt."

Suggest a period after "weather forecast" and start a new sentence. Also "timely manor" should be "timely manner". A manor is a dwelling place like a house. These are kind of picky but think about putting "owners" after "Commercial properties". Then change "insure" to "ensure" (the attention and plowing ensure, not insure the condition of the lot).

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict