1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Update: Plowing Heavy Snow Fall 16"-24"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J HIsch, Dec 29, 2004.

1. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Well, thanks to all who replied. Mick, you gave some great advise. Sorry, if I came of a little sarcastic at times. This snow fall was our second largest in history. First, I must say I am really impressed with my snowplows. 1 Curtis sno-pro 3000 and a Meyer ST 7.5 they pushed more than I ever imagined possible. We took it with the blades angled left, and right with only about half or less of the blade width. If the snow hadn't been driven on then it was almost too easy. I didnt really notice to much in the amount of time it took then from normal storms of 2"-4". I did hire a loader and got lucky to get them, they would cut a opening for the truck and then we would hit it. We finally finished plowing this morning at about 11:00 am. A solid week of plowing. So many call ins it was all you could want. We charged a 200.00 dollar minimum and folks were lined at the door pleading with us to come. This was no residental drives all commercial lots. 2 Trucks with 4 drivers logging 18-20 hrs a day. The loader logged 18.9 hrs with us total. All in all a good event. Okay we had to replace 1 fuel filter on the F350 and the Chevy 3/4 ton we had to replace belt, water pump. Backed into 2 poles hidden by snow, only minor damage hardly any at all. But I learned alot about the snow management business. It is not for weak people with thin skin.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Glad to hear it went well. If that's all that happened in that amount of time with that much snow, you did all right.

Now you're ready to pass along what you gained from experience. :salute: payup