1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

update- Change in plan- New plow??

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skinut2234, Jan 24, 2005.

1. skinut2234

skinut2234 Member
    from NJ

Ok gang- Bad enough I had to watch some dude invade my neighborhood and plow half of them out (for a fee)- then watching him use his power angle Western (I think) seemed to make my decision easier- That plus the fact that I have some extra money due to an old account we had- I'm now thinking about getting a better setup for my F250- I found one local guy here that sells and installs just Arctic plows- I think he quoted me 3200 for the setup.
    Is that a good price and what other options should I look for? Joystick control- or touchpad?
    They look like decent enough plows....... any comments?
  2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I like joystick best, especially if it's a standard, otherwise it's hard to keep it in your hand, steer the wheel, and shift at the same time. Arctic is a nice plow.

Hey, what do you mean an old account if you haven't bought a plow yet? lol
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

At $3200 you're darn near the cost of a professional quality plow (Fisher/Western/Boss/Blizzard/Curtis).
    Spend the extra couple hundred bucks, and it will pay for itself in productivity,durability, and resale.

Just my 2 cents, arguably worth that.

Jeff Pierce
  4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

bolensdriver are you from the freemont area? i just think i have seen that truck somewhere b-4
  5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Nope. But I bought it from a concrete company that could of used it there. They work all over new england and also do concrete cutting and there trucks are all that color and only Chevy/GMC pickups.. no Fords, no Dodge.