1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Up sizing company

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by webbsnowremoval, Jan 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. webbsnowremoval

webbsnowremoval Junior Member

Hi i curantly plow 15 drives with my atv. I am wanting to get bigger equipment and work for a frend with a big snow removale company they have big lots they do should i get a truck or a small wheelloder or skidster?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. webbsnowremoval

ok but would it be better to go to a truck,bobcat,or small wheelloder?

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

how old are you
    do u have equipment experience/training
    do you have a way to transport skid/loader or money to pay someone to do it

i would go for a truck like a f250 or 2500 with a v plow

4. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Depends on how your business is structured, the size of the lot you are on, and what you can afford. I think jumping from an atv to a full size loader is a bit of a stretch. Do you have a truck and trailer to pull it with?

What do you do during the warm season? Would you benefit more by having a multiuse unit such as a bobcat or a small dump truck?

Have you thought about insurances, what you will be charging your friend/cost of operating? Much more goes into this than deciding on what type of equipment to buy. Personally, I feel that it is an ass backwards approach.

5. webbsnowremoval

I am 16 have lots of expereance running equipment frume bobcats to huge wheeloders i think a pice of equipment would be better sence i can youse it to do anything all year round and already have trailer and f250 7.3

6. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

put a plow on the 250

7. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Look into some bobcats or similar machines then. I would hold off on the wheel loader unless you can task it for steady work in the warm seasons. Also, and I mean this in all seriousness, brush up on your English a little bit. It will go a long way when communicating with your future clients via email, billing, advertising etc.

8. webbsnowremoval

Ok thanks for all the info guys!

9. webbsnowremoval

ya thats the only bad thing.

10. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree Upgrade to a truck with a plow.. Then start buying equipment when you get bigger and have more work on your hands.

11. webbsnowremoval

ya i will eather do a truck or a jeep with plow sence i only have drives right now.

12. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Buy a payloader and tow it with the 250

13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Webb, I have a truck for sale on here that is taylor made for you. Get 10 posts and then we could private message. Here is the truck, read through all the posts. You are the type of person who should buy this, it will open you up for all kinds of plowing work.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=141969

14. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Get a plow for the 250. There is a spell check button. Hit it before you post its right there next to the post button.

15. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Since the original post says that you are planning on subbing for a friend, you should probably ask him what he has the greatest need for.

16. webbsnowremoval

Ya he only has three trucks so he would need a machine with box blade

17. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

how proficient are you with a skid loader?? i say small skid steer with a box blade or 88-100 inch bucket.

check your spelling from time to time, it makes you seem smarter,

bad spelling all the time is like a gang member talking street slang to a politician... :laughing: