1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Up is slow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Lynden-Jeff, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

Just got my new 29, every action seems pretty fast except up. I may just not be used to it but it seems like when I come to the end of a run it takes a little bit for the plow to go raise and shove the show over the curb, and I end up tripping on the curb. Is there anything I can check to make sure its going full speed?

Cheers
    Jeff

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you had the wet heavy stuff we had it was tuff to raise as you push. My plow would not even angle while pushing. How does it lift without any thing in front of it?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I ran in to that last year the snow was so heavy i was having a hard time stacking full scoops. I had to watch the amount of snow that I tried to carry in the scoop position as well, it would get so heavy the truck wouldn't push it.

You could have your dealer check the pump pressures if you're concerned. Snoway will warranty anything that's wrong.

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

It goes up fast with nothing, and it was only 1 inch of slush. Maybe im just over worrying about it but I will try it out on a real snow storm first.

Thanks!
    Jeff

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Make sure the battrey is fully charged and all connections are clean. Low battery or poor connections will cause the blade to move slow too.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A inch of slush shouldn't effect that plow in the least, I'd get it checked.
    Could be your Pressure Relief valve is improperly adjusted. Have it checked before you need it. Call your dealer, tell him your concerns and that you want it checked and/or re-set. If he's hesitating suggest he check with Steve or Andy @ Snoway tech. for warranty pre-approval. You shouldn't have any problem but if he brushes you off, call steve or andy direct, they'll get it straightened out. They fall down occasionally, nobody's perfect but their batting average is pretty good and they're devoted to making Snoway the best.

7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I worked with Steve last year on a separate issue and he was as good as I could ask for at solving my issue. Along with Basher of course!!

Call them for sure.