1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

up/down:ok angle:no go

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dave P, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Dave P

Dave P Junior Member

I'm sure glad to find this site with a big snow storm on the way. Any help you guys can give me to get my angle working would sure be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So would the model of Western you have Dave lol..:D

Cable pump? (conventional)
    Electric Isarmatic? (Unimount)
    FloStat? (Ultramount)

With a little more info I'm sure someone will be glad to help..

3. Dave P

Dave P Junior Member

Sorry about that. It's an older cable pump model.
    Thanks again.
    Dave

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no go

check your angle cable cavity for ice ,if no ,see if cable move's the valve ,cable broken ? will the motor run when you pull the joystick ?

5. snowpoe

snowpoe Member

This may sound silly :dizzy: but make sure the joy stick control rod is screwed all the way in.(the crome rod that comes out of the controller,the handle) I was having trouble with my angle bearly working when I noticed that the rod was almost all the way unscrewed which was causing it to loose travel and not move the cable far enough:eek:
    It now works great

6. Dave P

Dave P Junior Member

Well, the angle sure wants to work.The pump is activated when moving stick left to right but it acts like it's working against itself. Seems to be locked up. I moved into heated garage thinking it might be frozen but still no go. I'll check my joy stick Snowpoe.

Thanks for the help