1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unwanted Tilting

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Kneedrager, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Kneedrager

Kneedrager Junior Member

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and relatively new to plowing (three years or so). My Boss straight blade plow (w/ smart hitch II) is occasionally angling left when I raise the blade. I've checked and unconnected / reconnected the controller and front pin connector which hasn't seemed to help.
    The Boss site says to check the angle solenoid valve. How do I go about doing that and where is it located? If it matters the plow is on an '08 F350.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Scott

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The valve solenoid is going to be in the pump housing. If you look at your owners manual or online they show the valve block and which valve is which. Honestly I would not be able to tell you by looking at it, if it is bad or not.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does it happen consistently RIGHT AFTER you've use the angle left function?

What style controller? Joystick or hand held?

4. Kneedrager

Kneedrager Junior Member

I'm using the hand held. It does it randomly. I don't seem to see a pattern. It will happen for ten minutes or so and then seem to disappear for a while. Very strange. Thanks for the help.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A spare or borrowed controller would rule out some possibilities but for it to angle when it should be lifting it has to be a faulty controller or a short between the orange and white wires.

Loose connection won't do it and neither would a defective angle valve. Because if it (the valve) was stuck open it would simply angle to the left and then raise.
    Check over the wiring with a fine toothed comb paying special attention to anywhere the harness is routed near anything sharp. If that checks out a ok then it's likely the controller thats faulty.

6. Kneedrager

Kneedrager Junior Member

Thanks. I do have another controller. I'll give it a try.