1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unusual plowing accounts

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Feb 27, 2015.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Post up pics of your non driveway, not parking lot type plowing.

This account we do for a local utility company. Its about 32 stations spread out over NE Ohio. Basically right of way plowing at 4" trigger or after storm. Lately alot of drifting, on this route I was pushing about 10". Last time out there was 3" drifts on some. Straight blades need not apply.

These are only pics of the more interesting stations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. PTSolutions

4. PTSolutions

5. PTSolutions

6. PTSolutions

7. PTSolutions

8. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

I used to do sub stations across Ohio. Indiana to Pa. Got taken and the end make sure you collect fast

9. PTSolutions

They pay well and on time. We have been doing these for about 4 years now. I actually enjoy driving through the country setting. My route is about 15 stations and takes about 5hrs. We have another 12-15 stations closer to cleveland done by my father in about 3hrs.

I don't think I would do anything farther than what we do now. Takes about an hr just to get to the first station in the pictures up top.

10. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Nothing fancy. Once every few storms I plow my road behind my shop just in case I might need any of the junk burred in snow back there.

20150215_124341.jpg

20150215_124457.jpg

20150215_125213.jpg

11. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Im interested in seeing more pictures. I'm currently trying to find the contacts to get speak with in terms of these types of accounts in my area.

12. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

cool accounts, seem like fun

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why no straight plows?

14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

3" drifts I'm guessing.

15. PTSolutions

The snow would kick you truck off track if you tried windrowing everything with a full straight blade when these get loaded up like this. I break down the middle in V, then windrow both sides. You wouldn't have enough space to sweep side to side like you would on a driveway, plus it would take you forever on the long runs.

Here is another station. Those hills are alot steeper than the pictures make them out to be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. PTSolutions

17. PTSolutions

18. PTSolutions

Here is one where we needed to plow some addtional parking spaces since they started friday fish fry. This snow was 18"+ deep. I really wish they would have told us sooner as it had been sitting untouched all winter long like this. We had to break it up in V mode then plow it clean. This is just gravel/grass area so thankfully it was frozen solid.

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  19. PTSolutions

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I wonder how the old timers plowed without v plows on their trucks.