1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unresponsible town Foreman

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by townmanwi, Dec 14, 2013.

1. townmanwi

townmanwi Junior Member

I work for I township that has 1 fulltime foreman and 3 part time workers! A 2-4in storm has been predicted here for about 5days last night I get a call from the foreman saying myself and another part time guy have to plow he was drinking all day and is drunk! he is always drinking and has no responsibility!!! I Want to tell the board something but don't want to be that guy! What would you do??? he talks his way out of everything 2 months ago got caught using town equipment on a side job and just got a slap on the hand!!! Its sucks I would love the fulltime job and take so much pride in the town.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Buy him some more beer so you get more hours.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha. That's what I'd say too, maybe you'll be fulltime soon.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Just wait it out he will hang him self.

5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Be glad he didn't come in. A co-worker once did that and he ended up just riding in the passenger seat all day, busy doing nothing. Hungover.

Plus getting hours in is always fun, so enjoy it.

6. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Everclear that should solve the problem.

7. grandview

I'll bet you he's in the "circle" dosen't matter what he does.

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Irresponsible*

9. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

Wait it out, stay quiet about it. What ever you do don't start blabbing, word spreads fast.

10. greg8872

greg8872 Member

Preferably a few hours before a meeting he is supposed to be at...

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto

Double ditto

The good old days when English was taught in school.

12. townmanwi

townmanwi Junior Member

Well he comes in Saturday to put the wing on the grader on overtime. Should of been on months ago. He smells like Alcohol eyes are blood shot ect. admits to being drunk and out until 4am. Chairman is there and says nothing this guy can pretty much do what he wants. Guess he has to hurt someone before he gets punished!! Pretty sad!

13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Tell him the city of buffalo is hiring. They seem to specialize in drunk plow workers.

14. grandview

:drinkup:Thumbs Up

15. Winter Land Man

It seems like every place I've worked... there was that one guy who couldn't settle down his affair with alcohol. And it was always when I worked for a DPW.

16. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

Or tree guys, Jesus dime a dozen with them. Cant count how many guys have come and gone because of booze and drugs.

17. Winter Land Man

Yup! Buddy of mine worked for Asplundh and they were called down to CT during the Hurricane or whatever, and he told me some of the guys were cruisin' Hartford for coke in Asplundh bucket & chipper trucks...!

18. LON

LON Senior Member

All I can tell you is document, document, document. A paper journal is admissible in court when it is backed up with dates, times and names.

19. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Construction sites are very similar...

Personally, I've dealt with exactly what the OP is talking about. Maybe this is nepotism he's witnessing, or just a good friend. Either way, he should DOCUMENT his day, every day, by recording what he sees, times he sees it, and keep that journal safe from prying eyes. This way, if someone gets hurt, killed or whatever major goes down, he can go to a superior, or the police, with the information and provide them a timeline of the infractions.

Good luck with this. My feelings are that nothing will change there until there is a horrific accident, or the folks that are coddling the perpetrator are gone themselves.

20. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm not sure I agree on the documenting everything, I would think if something happens in a few months you will likely be on the same sheety stick that he is.