1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unmount truck side mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dancing bear, Dec 15, 2013.

1. dancing bear

dancing bear Junior Member

Will the truck side mount on my 94 GMC half ton fit on a 98 Chevy 3/4 ton truck . I took out a wrist pin on my 94 today and need a truck asap. I have a 98 3/4 ton avalible for three grand . I own a 97 half ton also if it will fit on it need to get this plow on something tomorrow .this is a unimount 7.6 .thanks in advance for any help.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No it will not. 94 didn't have airbags and the 98 did. Different mounts b/c of this

3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

My 98 didn't have airbags. The mount from my 93 2500 bolted right on to my 98 2500.

Not sure if the 1/2 ton mounts were different, but I don't think they were.

4. hwilson

hwilson Junior Member

Both trucks should take the Western mount kit - part #67865.

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's the thread I was thinking about

7. dancing bear

The mount I had on the 94 is the 62330.nothing wants to line up on the 98 3/4 , thrust frame #5 on the western part poster will not line up on frame high enough to get the bolts in with out drilling into it and the frame.I have everything else mounted where it looks like it will work.the thrust frame doesn't rest tight to the cross member on truck lots of drilling new holes in the mount. I'm not sure this is gonna work without the welder.if anyone has used this mount on a 98 3/4 ton pleas lend some knowledge I'm starting to pull what little hair I have out . Thanks kevin

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, if the mount you have looks like the 62330, then that should fit the 98 1/2 ton. I don't suppose your truck is actually a '99 is it?

9. dancing bear

Well I got to to fit by drilling two new holes in the thrust bar mount. Everting work good but now its comming off .I got a smoking deal on a MVP so the straight blade is for sale cheep and all complete with choice of electrical harness 94 or 98 Chevy. Things for all the help.