1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unmotivated this '09-'10 snow season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by famouslee99gt, Dec 9, 2009.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I am unmotivated for any snow this year. The past 2 years, I had plowed the car dealerhship that I worked for. That and the church I attend were the only places that I did, and that paid enough for me.

Over the summer I changed jobs and now I work a rotating swing shift, in which every 2 weeks I switch back and forth between 1st and 3rd shift, 12 hr shifts, and I'll work for 2 days, then off for 2, then work 3 days and repeat the cycle. With such a schedule, I could obtain a contract for plowing snow and I know not contractors would hire a subcontractor that could only work on certain days.

So the only snow plowing I will get to do this year is driveways for relatives and my church when possible. I have a 1 year old Boss Super Duty 7.5 blade in which I love, but I hate to keep the thing if I'm not going to use it. It was paid for on day 1 so I'm not making payments on something not being used, but I don't want to sell it and then miss out on future opportunities.

I had another small auto sales place contact me 2 months ago because they had heard that I plow from another source, but I explained my situation and didn't submit a bid. Anyways, for most of the season, with tax season only a couple months away, they pack too many overpriced cars on their lot and therefore there would never be a place to push the snow.

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Is that your barn in your avatar? Store your paid for plow in there over the off season and drive that sweet Chevy around. Plow what you can on your days off and relax. You have plenty of space to store the plow and the ATV.

That plow will move snow 5 years from now just like it does today if you decide to keep it.