1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unloading a Vbox

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mdirrigation, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Just figured a way to unload the v box without having the spinner shoot the salt all over the place. I took a traffic cone and cut it down , made a slit and slid it over the spinner , duct tape it on. Now the chain just feeds the material and makes a neat pile behind the truck .

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

SMART!! sounds like it would work great!!
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Try an old round plastic trash barrel with the bottom cut out. Slide it up around the spinner and just hold it w/a bungie cord! No tape to FU** with!
  4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

bungee a tarp around the back of the truck, turn on spreader and go in side,

when empty put it back in the pile with the skidsteer~
  5. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Swing a way shoot! Swing it away and the conveyor feeds it out into a nice pile!!:nod:
  6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Why not just pull the spinner off and let it go on the ground in a pile???
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Now you have the right idea. This is how we fill our salt boxes when we have a lot of them.
  8. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I just open the gate all the way,turn down the spinner to 1 and crank up the conveyer all the way.
  9. RSK

RSK Senior Member

I made my spinner with a pin in it so when i have to unload it i take the spinner off and turn it on and it comes out nice:waving:
  10. sam c

sam c Member

Hey RSK, Watch that pin idea, If the spinner is not bolted tight it will egg out the hole. Then, what has happened to me, is when you throw the switch when there is material on the spinner the shock from the slack has jumpped or broken the drive chain at the top of the spinner shaft.