1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unknown on E-60 and wiring ???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nonsense, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

I have an E-60 pump, pushed two snows flawlessly this year. I moved the setup to a back up truck, put everthing on all wired up and boom pump won't raise? Play with the controls a bit and it lifts. Back truk and plow into the shop drop the plow shut everything down about a half hour later same issue only worse can't get the pump to do anything but go to it's default left location. I have a new pistol grip control, the monitor light is blinking twice steady indicating that i have issues with the black wire. So i check all connections and don't seem to have any issues. So i unhooked the three pins at the pump and the control still flashes the same code? Do i have an issue on the truck side harness? This is a very old harness, is it common for them to break in line? This is the old Round 6pin harness ( off the top of my head 6 pins ) I have the meyer adapters to convert to the new style pistol grip control, so it's not a matter of a hack job! I just picked up a new truck side harness, I guess i'll try this. Any suggestions or Ideas?

2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

The easiest way to track a bad wire down is to disconnect the controller and the pump and i just use a jumper with 12v+ and check to see if there is power at the other end. Check our grounds.
    Do you have the flow chart to diagnose your problem?? If not i will give you a link to check it out, it is very very helpful.

3. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

Yes i have the flow chart so i'll go back to work on it in the morning with a clear head and start by powering the individual coils then work backward. I did get a new harness from my local dealer so i'll also do a quick mock up with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. fordsuvparts

Do you have the wiring colors? They are pretty easy to remember,
    I have gotten a lot of help on here the last few winters so post what you find and we will help trouble shoot it.

Green is C-coil
    Red is B-coil
    Black is A-coil
    orange is ground
    white is solenoid
    black or blue is fused 12V+ constant power for controller

B&B helped walk me through testing to make sure that is was an electrical problem.

5. fordsuvparts

This is a Email From B&B that helped me figure it out.

Have you verified that you have magnetism at the C coil when the right angle function is pressed? If not it may not even be a valve or hydraulic issue but an electrical issue so we need to identify that first. You can hot wire the C coil directly to the battery to check it for mag if you don't have a helper. Simply connect the jumper from the battery to the green wire lead and see if it has mag. If it does, now try to angle right with the controller WITH the jumper lead still connected and see if it goes right.

6. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

fordsuvparts,

Thanks for all of your help, I finally found my issue and as I have learned in the past once again Ground wires can kick a guy while he is down so easily. I put a new harness in the truck and ended up with the same problem I had before. So i ran a hot directly to the the B coil on the pump and nothing. I started thinking about something I had read from one of B&B's posts and I thought I wonder if the coils are having issues grounding? I had put a new motor on the end of last season, the new motor is a double stud. I ran a ground from the new Double stud to the old ground location on the pump and wouldn't you know thing works like a dream!!! Once again thanks for your help, everything is back in action just in time for out storm that is headed this way on Tuesday.