1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

universal snow plow part

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MAGNUM SERVICES, Nov 25, 2008.

1. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

I have seen in some catalogs a part called "the cooler" that is an air duct that fits all plows and ducts air into the front of the truck no matter if the plow is up or down. It is supposed to help keep temperatures down on the engine and transmission. I have seen them made of clear plastic or black plastic but now I can't find them anywhere. :help:Can anybody help me?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Why? Just angle the blade or drop it lower to get more air to the truck, My truck never runs warmer then usual with the plow on.

3. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

My truck on the interstate run almost to 240 degrees and I have already put one transmission in . I know someone on this site has seen what I am talking about. It looks like the center of a air grabber hood on a hemi cuda' from the 70's . Thanks for answering ,Keith

4. Dieselpower25

Dieselpower25 Junior Member
    from PA

I have seen them, I just cant remember what site I saw them on. They look kinda iffy to me, I just keep my blade so it is damn near bouncing off the road

5. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

I hate to run my blade that low to the ground but have done it in the past and will do it in the future if I can't find what I am looking for this snow season.

6. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

7. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

are you sure the fan is working properly? unless you totaly block the grill you should not get that hot.

8. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Thad, that is exactly what I have been looking for. THANKS for the link to purchase one and definitely THANKS for the reply.As far as the fan working properly it keeps it cool in the summer although I will be purchasing an upgraded cooling kit in the spring. The kit will consist of a higher flow water pump,1 in. dia. bigger fan with one more blade,a 190 degree calibrated fan clutch and dual thermostats from Kennedy Diesel. It is hard to find any aftermarket parts for a 6.5 GM turbo diesel as most everything is made for the Duramax,Powerstroke and Cummins.. Thanks to all who replied. Keith

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Do you have the heavy duty fan clutch installed in your truck? That would make a world of a difference if you don't

-mike-

10. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Unfortunately not until I get my late fathers estate finalized and then I will get the upgrades mentioned in my earlier post. Thanks for asking, Keith