1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Universal Plow lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gt_racer50, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've got a set of universal plow lights that I used to have hooked up to another plow. I would like to hook them up to the plow and vehicle that I am now using. I don't have the wiring diagram, and Angelos does not have a wiring diagram for them either (bought them there), I also do not have an incab switch. Angelos said that I could get the incab switch at a auto parts store and wire them in. My question is where do I wire them in at, what wires to connect to and where to wire the incab switch to. Any help would be appreciated. It can't be that difficult, it's just that my brain is not working right now it seems. I hate to ask a question, the last time I asked for help I was called lazy and stupid.?????? I thought that that was what this forum was all about, oh well here goes anyway.
  2. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

GT, that second to the last statement wasn't called for. Try to be a little more positive. You should be able to use a set of relays for high and low beams and switches to control them. To find out the wiring colors, I would try to get an Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual(EVTM) for your truck, or check the local library for Mitchells automotive books. My local library doesn't have the Mitchells, but one of the nearby branches does, and I just have them send it over, or I make the drive to make copies and such.
  3. Blizzard Plower

Blizzard Plower Junior Member
    from Il

You can go to www.westernplows.com publication librery and download a pdf file with wiring diagram.

You will need 2-5 posts relays. It's actually pretty easy to do.

This is best I can come up with

driving lights.jpg
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you still have problems, keep posting questions we will help you out!