1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unit for 06/07

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wls, Sep 21, 2006.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

This truck is a 97 f-250, I put a D-60 in it, and left the original springs plus added a 1300# set. Completely rebuilt the 60. When raised the 810, lowers the front about 3/4", no timbrens installed.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

big plow, truck looks to handle it very well!
  3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Nice looking setup WLS. wesport
  4. wls

wls Senior Member

I wanted to take it out to Jerre's to do the erie special, but lost an employee, so I'm filling in the saddle as of now. Might get out there this spring/summer. I'm impressed on how the suspension holds this up. I like the crew cab, so my family can go with me :)
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I gotta 94 250, samething, it's a beast, ofcoarse it dosen't look nearly nice as yours. Do you think a plow would fit on this ??

Yellow 350.jpg
  6. wls

wls Senior Member

of course:dizzy:
    I'd go with a 8611:)
  7. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

WLS. What tranny and motor do you have in that? I'v got a 97 250HD want to hang an 810 from it. A couple of people have told me the tranny will not handle it. I have the 351 5.8 with the E40D tranny. Will it work or should I downsize. Also where did you get the 1300# set of springs, are they on the front or rear?
  8. wls

wls Senior Member

I have the e4od, and 7.3 diesel, there's probably alot of them out there, plowing, so I would'nt worry too much about it. I just changed the trans fluid/filter the other day. The 1300 # springs are on the front, 650 per side, I got them locally, something like $137.00 for them, but I believe there also available here
    The rear is just a add-a-leaf from jcwhitney I think cat # 811027, $56.00
  9. firelwn82

Thanks I appreciate the info.
  10. firelwn82

WLS. I just purchased the 2600 lb. set for the xtra 2 dollars. I don't think the truck's going to squat at all. Thanks again. You should go to the Michigan strobe off.
  11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Very nice. How do you like the Dana 60? Don't forget ballast for the rear. Just because you have a great suspension doesn't mean you don't have an extremely lightweight rearend on the truck. ;)
  12. snoking

snoking Senior Member

firelwn82 gas or deisel they have the same tranny back the you should be fine, we even had an e4od in or 450 deisel....and its a ford, run it and show the chevys how to plow
  13. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Nice lookin ford wls. Why did you take the 810 off your dodge? you gonna get another plow for it?
  14. firelwn82

Mines a gasser. I don't put enough miles on her to justify the deisel.
  15. DJC

DJC Senior Member

He took it off because it sucks in snow and driving it on the road is a hand full. Just ask him how many times he was stuck last year:D