1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unique ways you've moved your co. forward.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike thunder, Jan 11, 2012.

1. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

Another thread I started (clean hands profit) inspired me to post a unique way i moved my business forward.
    At one time in my business life i had 267 lawn care customers, at which around 240 received snow/ice management service as well. I at the same time ran a construction company (exterior). I hated the lawn care portion of the work with every ounce of my soul, but loved the snow and construction portions. Long story short, i ended up making a deal with another local contractor who hated winter work that essentially swapped all of my lawn care work for all of his snow removal work. He has all of the lawn work he could ever want and i have all of the winter/construction work i want.
    Anyone else have a story?
  2. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

240 snow acccounts wow that will keep ya busy. How many trucks do you have etc and are they all resedential.
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

This sounds like a great thread, looking forward to some non-conventional stuff to try out
  4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

In my opinion this is a good form of Networking with a solid agreement/contract. I do this with my buddies, we try and help each other out as much as possible.
  5. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

I am a Realtor and got a plow truck because i needed snow removal at listings. Couldn't find anyone to do an occasional plow. 10 years later i have 1200 local Realtors who know they can call me, and i just added a driver and a second truck.
  6. NickT

NickT Senior Member

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What is there, a realtor for every house in AK?:D
  8. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Gave my business card to the local sheriff and now I mow and plow all the forclosure homes in the area.
  9. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

are you compensated or is it charity ?
  10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Maybe Community Service ????