1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unique equipment, not sure what to charge

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rodney57104, Oct 21, 2007.

1. rodney57104

rodney57104 Junior Member

Hey guys, I have a small trucking co. and do my own snow removal. I have never done "for hire" snow removal. I have a compact wheel loader that weighs 10,000lbs with a 9' v-blade. with the unit having a hydrostat tranny and joy stick controls, it is very efficiant at snow removal. I am thinking about being a sub-contractor for an existing snow removal co. and need some advise about price, liability and the contract between us. please help. thanks, Rodney
  2. rodney57104

thanks for all your help

as of 5:15pm 10/22/07 there was 69 views..........no one has an opinion.........I always heard they're like and *******, everyone has one???
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

What do you charge an hr in the summer?
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

With a 9ft V i'm sure it will be more productive then a pickup in heavy storms and very similiar in light storms. What are pickups in your area getting? I would say 25 to 35% more then a pickup with a skilled operator. You can stack with it and put the bucket on it, so I would think you would get more hours then a pickup. Sorry I don't know prices in your area.
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, 25 to 40% more than a truck (whatever a truck gets)
    But, you'll have to get it to the job site (i.e. it needs to be a mall or something big where you can be efficient, loading and unloading 3 times a night will kill it)

you'll need your own insurance too I'm sure.
  6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i could'nt figure it out the (probably power v) the only reason i ask is if it is a V being 9' it is only going to have a 4.5' cutting width,.

taking for granite it is a powerV i would think JD is right on track with +20-30% (truck price) if the guy wont honestly tell you a price i would guess i would bid foe $100hr it's easy to figure and if he won't be honest it'll cost himLOL

What type of loader is it to have a hydro trans all of ours have powershifts but they are a little bigger, is it like a waldor or a coyote, ? the reason i ask is that on extremely long pushes you could overheat the trans. unless it has 2sp (gear) like a combine we have one new track loader that has joystic pilot control and when you are DOZING with it it'll try to get warm on you so you have to take it easy, it's a 2sp, DOZING IS DIFFERENT THAN LOADING and i know it is just snow but it can get heavy.

Hope this helps and if i did'nt answer your Q let me know but by far JD Dave and 4X4farmer are the loader pro's on PS

Oh and do sidewalk's if possible that i where the money is at......c'mon back me up SNOPOWER
  7. rodney57104

thanks for the advise

thanks guys, that helps. to answer your question powerjoke---it is a swinger 3000 with a cab. and yes it does a a two speed trans. in low it goes 6mph and in high it goes 17mph. sitting up high it has great visability and the plow is a kwik-way plow thats built right here in south dakota. its pretty neat in that you can lock the blade from tripping for dirt work. thanks again. rodney