1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unique BOSS V BLADE plow You wont find one like this

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by rscritch, Nov 19, 2011.

1. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

Ok I bought this yesterday from a guy beleving and being told thatthis was a standard 8' boss v blade and it included the mounts for my truck and wireing for my truck I was told it all worked and that he used it last year on his truck.

So I get it home and go to the boss dealer this morning to get a light and while talking to them they asked who i bought it from and the guy just smiles. So come to find out what I have is an 8' boss v blade that is attached to a boss set up for a 10' v blade. He said that after spending alot of time on the phone with boss earlier this week for the guy that I bought this from that they have figured out that the original dealer had a 8' v blade and a 10' plow mount and put the two together to be able to make a sale. The boss dealer is going to see if they can get me a push plate, beam??? that has the larger pin holes that will fit up with my mount. If not Ill have to buy a universal kit for large trucks to make this work.

I figured that I would see if any one would have any interest in this set up as if you had larger plows this one would enable you to keep all of your plows the same and put this plow on a smaller truck. Im asking $3500 for the plow, im keeping the mounts and wireing as Ill just buy a new boss as I dont know enough to trust buying a used one again and the local dealer has been great in helping me out. if no one is interested ill make it work I just figured this strange set up might be helpfull for some one else but then again what do I know as I bought it in the fist place

plow 2.jpg

plow 3.jpg

plow.jpg

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I guess it was a CL deal

3. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

yep! ive never plowed or owned a plow and a buddy of mine said he would recomend a v blade so when i found it i asked he what he thought and he said it sounds good well i didnt know any better so its my own fault for not reasherching

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

If you never had to plow you are lucky it is blood money that kills your equipment

5. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

I never have, I just have all ways charged enough through out the year so i didnt have to as i work hard enough and shouldnt have to stay up for 24 hours when it snows. i have 9 properties that i own that i have all ways just used the skid or mini to clear after a snow and was looking for a new toy to make it easer so im not sure just yet it THIS will make it any easer but ive been told it will :), you bought my thomas mini right?

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Yup still going strong I actually make more during the winter than in the rest of the year but I hate it

7. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

glad to hear i miss that machine, really? do you do alot of mowing and maintance? ive heard guys say that but all ways wondered how thats even possible, what do your guys do in between snows? are the able to rack up enough over time just during plowing?

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have 400 maintenance accounts
    I have 10 plow trucks
    4 skids and rent 2
    Lawns by mei make money but in the winter we do better
    During the winter we plow and do garge and actic clean outs, demo work if we can seagull do pagers make shift tent and heaters
    I thnk because I keep less guys on pay roll during the winter i see more money also customers pay faster in the winter may be I'm wrong but landscapers get no respect around me

9. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

thats a ton of maintance sounds like it really works for you how long have you been doing it?

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Was my father business I took over 15 years ago my father was a one truck operation this is a very tough industry and maintenance owes me over $150,000 people don't care snow they know 15 days then I'm paid or no more service and I usually get paid on time
    I wish I could sell 5 trucks and a few skids that sit all year and not plow oh I hope one day but I guess I'm lucky I only work in the winter the summer is my vacation