1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unique Advertising Ideas?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by beanz27, Nov 7, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Anyone have any unique ways of advertising? Not talking newspaper ads here. I came up with an idea, tried it with mixed results.

Get sandwhich bags and put some salt/sand/de-icer and a business card in and toss into drives you want. Cheap and easy. Anyone got any other ideas?

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

No one? Wow comeon guys

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Speak with every local diner and pub. Try to supply place mats and coasters with your company name and services printed on it. Maybe napkins too? If they already have the advertizing place mats, buy space on them.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Best deal still pass fliers out in the hood that you want. And put the price right on it,keeps the tire kickers away.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Have a hotty use a stop sign post as a pole and do a little dance with your contact info painted on her, or GV's approach works well too.

6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

One idea I've been thinking about for the last 2-3 years is enter my local parade, I could line my green trucks,trailers(which all have logos & phone #'s) up with the bobcat & my JD tractor mowers buzzing around, even get the racing mower out since it's all painted & logo'd up. Really all it would cost is a few bucks in streamers,balloons, & candy to give out. You could also give flyers out as you go. Get any kids you have or know to hand out the candy & ride on the trailer........I got to do this, I think it a good advertising oppertunity.

7. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Stamp your logo on rocks and throw them at peoples houses.....

Seriously through a company here left rocks with their logo at my door once, and 2 years later its still on my desk. Just regular old river rock and a rubber stamp your good to go.

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If you throw it through their window they'll definitely call 100% of the time.

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Quite true, but I imagine closing sales will be harder since your price will be high, since you'll have to include window in quote to make $

10. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Sponsor some kind of winter event, you play in the snow, we push it.