1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uninstalling fisher x blade off 06 f350

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Sep 21, 2010.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I just bought a 8 foot x blade 3 plug 3 port plow off a 06 f350 and am going to be installing on my 06 f350. It looks like the push plates are straight forward. Is the wiring just unplug and remove type deal?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For the most part yes, need to trace the turn/park input wires from the plow harness to see where the installer tied them into the truck harness and disconnect them. Also have an ignition feed wire to disconnect, usually it's tied into the fuse panel. Straight forward other than those.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Your gonna need to remove the bumper to get the mounts off,hopefully the owner kept the bumper hardware and the BlockerBeam that needs to be reinstalled,othet than that it's pretty straight foward.

4. gtmustang00

from Berlin

If he doesn't have that, the bumper can't be reinstalled after removing the push plates?

5. Arc Burn

As long as he has the original hardware,yes,the bumper will go right back on,the BlockerBeam is structural and ties the front frame together and really should be put in

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

i don't think he does as he bought the truck as is.

7. Arc Burn

OK,i was thinking of a different mount,the more i think,i believe all the hardware will be there for the bumper,you really do want to check with Ford dealer or better yet salvage yard for the BlockerBeam,maybe a plow dealer,i hold onto some of them because some customers trade trucks every couple years but there is really no reason for the plow dealer to have them kicking around,just a thought....

8. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I got it off, he had to re use the fisher bumper mount on the frame. Had to cut some bolts off as they were rusted on there. Does anyone know if i can run hids for the truck headlights still?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can run them no problem....

10. gtmustang00

from Berlin

They are the 55w watt ones and have their own relays. I'll hook them up!